chapter ten

chapter ten: the trials and tribulations of romance

Sirius Black had always been a mischievous young lad and was always about the next adventure or the next prank. Sirius lay his head on the table, watching Remus studying in the library with a frown.

"Come on, Mooney. Let's go on an adventure, let's do something fun." Remus was unfazed by his friends whining and whinging instead keeping his eyes on his paper as he talked.

"Y'know what is fun?" Sirius sighed knowing what he was going to say before the words left his lips.

"Passing my Charms class." Sirius turned his head to face the other direction, focused on mocking Remus that he only realized he was looking at Louisa Franklin after five minutes of boredom. He shifted his seat, a bit closer to where she sat, his ears perking up as he heard her speaking to a Ravenclaw girl sat beside her.

"I think the spell is Amato Animo Animagus." Sirius recognized the Animagus spell, knowing it was missing a word but before he could let his thoughts go further, he heard a frustrated groan come from the Ravenclaw.

"Really? Don't be stupid, concentrate. I'm trying to help you. The spell is Amato Animo Animato Animagus. We'll go over it again later, you should know this." Sirius frowned at the Ravenclaw's harsh words to the Hufflepuff who nodded weakly, Sirius noting her strained expression.

"You're right. I'm sorry." The Ravenclaw girl huffed and turned back to her book. Sirius didn't know who she was and only noticed her blue robes but he didn't like her already. She wore a deep frown and a look of disappointment as Louisa looked up at her with puppy dog eyes that were practically asking for forgiveness. He didn't like it one bit.

"What is the start of this spell? Muto. Is it Crinus, Deprimo, or Duro?" Sirius watched as Louisa thought before answering confidently.

"The spell is Crinus Muto." The girl held up her wand to her hair, saying the spell and turning to dark purple causing the Ravenclaw to nod.

"At least you got one right." Sirius watched intently as the Ravenclaw packed up her books, saying she was going to do some actual studying in her common room. He frowned as he looked at his former flame who's hair slowly turned back to her original color before getting up from his chair and strolling over to her, flashing her a smile.

"Hello, Lou." Louisa didn't have to turn around to know who it was as Sirius Black was the only person to call her by that name.

"Well hello, Sirius. Pardon me if I sounded confused, it's just that I don't think I have ever seen you inside this library unless it was to get into the restricted section to cause havoc." Sirius chuckled, sliding into the seat that the Ravenclaw sat in previously, Louisa's eyes darting to the chair before she put down her quill, turning to look at him. Her eyebrow was raised and she held a questioning expression on her face as she crossed her arms.