7- spaghetti straps

chapter seven. enjoy! your feedback is very much appreciated! 

Grace (Vanessa Marano) on side...............................>

                  The next day was my chance at a new start. I had "miraculously" as if overnight started to feel better. I didnt feel that hole in my heart anymore and the tears in my eyes that were ready to fall had fallen and dried up. Backed off and let the sunshine come in. When I woke up Grace was painting her finger nails. She looked a lot different. She must not have been wearing make-up or something. She looked natural. Her hair was pulled up into a ball on her head and she had geek glasses on. I saw her contact lenses sitting at the small dresser between our beds. She chewed at her gum quietly as she so gracefully stroked the brush of mango orange on each nail.

''hi,'' she said still painting.

For a moment I didnt speak but then I realized that she was speaking to me.

''hi,'' I responded rather dull. She jumped up out of bed and grabbed a box. I watched and realized that it was a finger nail kit. She pulled out supplies and a beautiful pink color. I watched intently and rather amazed as she used the tools to create a flower design.

''did you sleep well?'' she asked.

''I suppose so,'' I said.

She chuckled. "why do you speak that way? Most "teens" today say 'I guess so' or 'a little I guess'. You seem all proper or something,'' she said.

''I suppo...'' I cleared my throat. ''I mean...I didnt notice. I guess I have to work on that then.''

''don't be so nice,'' she commanded again. ''just tell me to shut-up if you want,'' I nodded awkwardly as I crawled out of bed. The overnight ressurection of my soul was not only mental but physical as well. Although my inner throat was still recovering, the outside scar was better, and my spine as well. I stretched and yawned. Aimlessly walking about as if I knew where to go next. What to do next. ''its sunday. Did you go to church on a regular?'' Grace asked blowing her finger nails dry.

''no. barely ever. I don't even know what "relegion" we "belong" to.'' I said. Grace nodded as if understanding.

''same here,'' she said. After her nails were apparently dry she started to put everything back in its place. She releaved her hair of the ball and shook it out. Scratched the top like a monkey and then let it fall. It naturally banged over her eyes, neatly blanketing her neck and shoulders.

''so...ummm...'' she started pulling the gum out of her mouth. Balled it up with the tips of her fingers and flung it into the pink waste basket. ''...i'm going out with my friends later and my dad said to bring you along because if I get to know you I might actually like you or something. So, be ready by noon. Rocky is coming to pick us up. And by the way, I hope you can swim,'' she said exiting the room suddenly. Without looking back or waiting for any sort of response. I sighed.

"i hope i can swim!" I murmered. 

*********************************************************************************

                    Soon it was time for me to start preparing for my day out. I've always been a little self-consious about my stomach because I think it should be smaller so I decided today I would wear a full body bathing suit and not a two peice. I wouldnt want to make a bad first impression with Grace's friends. Especially if there was a hot guy there! I slipped into my orange and yellow one peice bathing suit and tied the top into little ribbons. I threw a plain green shirt on top and then slipped into some jean shorts. Put on my white pair of sandals and let my hair have its way. I smiled in the mirror and started to practice different poses and facial expressions so I wouldnt have to wing it when I got there with them. I fake laughed and then jerked back. Nope! That one is too loud and obvious. I fake laughed once more and liked it.