1- a new beginning?

here is chapter 2...obviously...this is when things strt to get a little mysterious...

Mick on side.............>

When we got home dad pulled up to the curb and told me to get out. Usually he'd pull into the driveway and we'd go into the house together. But...this time...was a little different...

        I was dozing off until the tires screeched to a halt. My father gave me a hard nudge on the arm.

''Mick, get out'' he said.

I looked up at him. Confused.

''You...''

''get out!'' he insisted. This time with more force and anger in his voice. Slowly I unlocked the door and opened the heavy door to the truck. I jumped out and as soon as the door slammed he made a burn for it. I watched as he shot down the street, turning the corner, dodging things that were not supposed to be in the way. I squinted my eyes from the sun, stuck my hands into my pocket unconsiciensouly, and did a 180. I got up to the house and tried unlocking the door. It didnt work. I tried again. It didnt work. I tried one more time..this time agitately. Huffing impatiently.

''it won't open,'' a voice from above said.

''God...if this is you telling me not to go into the house I understand. But, at least tell me why.'' I said.

I heard a quivering laugh as someone dropped down from the roof of the house. He hung on, his feet wobbling above the grass. He then did a back flip, landing perfectly.

''impressive,'' I said knowing my comment was unexpected and not needed. I couldnt see him because of the beaming sun in my eyes but he had a nice figure. He walked closer now.

''thanks,'' he said grabbing a bottle of water from a cooler that had been placed next to the flower pot. He moved closer blocking the sun from my eyes.

''who are you?'' I asked.

He ducked onto the porch with me, blocking the sun from my veiw. He reached his hand out and said,

''Well i'm not God as you may have expected but i'm Rocky. Rocky Monroe...I...I live up the street.''

I looked at his dirty hand sitting alone in the dead of silence. He retreived his hand and sighed.

''your dad...ummm....''

''Dan,''

''yea. Dan....he told me there was a problem with the roof and that it needed fixing. He told me to be here by this time and to get to work whether he was present or not...''

''whats wrong with our roof?'' I asked. ''And why won't the door open?''

''your dad...''

''just say Dan!'' I demanded.

''ummm...kay...well Dan said that the solar panel was needing fixing.''

I sighed. I know what this is. I thought to myself. My father is trying to set me up with a boy. Solar panel? I mean...he can't come up with anything .....lame-er? Oh, out comes the hot handy man who fixes the solar panel and saves the day! Not MY perfect love story^^

''and the door won't open because he had the locks changed,'' Rocky continued.

''did he tell you why?'' I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

''well, i'm gonna get going now...your d...I mean...Dan said for you to get the key from under the flower pot. I'll be back tommorow to speak with him. I didnt see anything wrong with the solar panel.'' he said, waving a shy hand at me and dissapearing into the sunlight.