2- ten o'clock news

So, here is chapter 2. Enjoy! 

Rocky on side................>

The next morning I rolled out of bed and hopped into the shower. I had to be at therapy by 10:00 or 10:01. G Summers gives me so much time!

        I rolled out of bed and kicked my slippers to the side. Its too hot for them today. I stomped out into the hallway and poked my head into my dads room. No one. I decided I didnt care and I hopped into the shower, letting the steamy mist create a bubble around me. I got my hair wet all through, washed and conditioned it. After I was clean and felt relaxed I stepped out. Grabbed my towel and started to dry off. I made it to my room and got dressed.

        I got downstairs and my father was not yet here. I looked outside, no car. I looked into the garage, no car. We don't have a house phone and I don't have a cell phone. I have no way of contacting him really. I wonder what G Summers would do if I was late. I started to worry a little wondering why he hasnt come home. Why he forecefully and angrily demanded that I get out of the car and then swerved off that evening after therapy. My stomach started to turn and I started to get bad feelings about this but decided to be positive. The only thing that could mend pain is music. I grabbed my Ipod and headphones and let the healing powers seep threw the speakers. I laid back and kicked my feet up. Closed my eyes and said nothing. I let my playlist of Death Cab for Cutie play. All 26 songs.

9:27

I looked up at the clock and started thinking about my father again.

9:45

My father is not here. This house is still empty.

10:00

I was disrupted when there was a loud banging sound against the door. I took my headphones off and yelled. ''I'm coming,''. I ran up to the door hoping it was my father, coming to take me to therapy. Coming home again. But...it wasnt him. It was...2 police officers and G Summers. I sighed,

''I know i'm late but you see...'' I started.

''Mick, we would like to talk to you a moment,'' G Summers said, bogarding my explanation.

The police officers had a concerned look on their face. Their hands were tucked behind their back and they stood upright. My shaking hot hand still sat on the doorknob as I stood, halfway out the door, staring into their eyes. My stomach burned and tears welled up in my eyes. I didnt know what was going on but it had to be bad. Where's my father already?? I opened the door a little further and gestured them in, my legs hardly able to hold me.

''what happened?'' I whispered as they filed in.

''have a seat,'' the officer asked politely.

I sniffled and wiped the tears away as I slowly sat down on the step. G Summers sat down next to me while the cops ressummed standing.

''I am so sorry McFlan...but...your father is...dead,''

A rush of pain shot threw my leg and I let out a screeching yell in agony. G Summers grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. She rubbed my leg and whispered words into my ear. I toned them out. I couldnt hear anything but the flowing of my tears. The sound of niagra falls. I doubled over, crying and holding my leg. The police officer started to buzz in the ambulance with his radio. G Summers got closer now, holding my hair from my face, trying to comfort me.

''NO!!'' I screamed. ''no, no, no.''

I let the tears roll out. Dropping onto my cold foot.

''NO!! No, no, no.''

        The ambulance rolled into the driveway and rushed inside. They carried me to the truck and sat me down. He started to do my vitals while I stood frozen like a statue. Tears and pain filling my heart. No. No, no, no. Eventually the ambulance tied me down and rolled off. When we got to the hopsital they took me threw emergency and called in the doctors and nurses. The only thing I remember after that is the a bright light shining into my eyes.

The Next Day...;

        When I woke up, G Summers was sitting in a chair next to me. She had curled up with a blanket and was staring out the window. She must not have heard me wake up because when I touched her shoulder she jumped and let out a squeal. As soon as she looked into my eyes she burst into tears. She let the tears fall down her face as she said,

''Hello, Mick.''

''Hello,'' I said bashfully.

She grabbed my hand and held it tight.

''tell me...what happened...?'' I petitioned.

''your father got into a car wreck. He had gone to the graveyard to visit your mother a few days ago. He had broken down and had gone to the bar. He got overly intoxicated and got into a tragic accident on his way home. He was killed on impact.''

I looked up at the ceiling, speechless.

''i'm so sorry Mick. I'm so sorry,''

                ***************************************************************

        ''McFlan, can you hear me?'' the attorny standing above me asked. I had been starring at the ceiling again. As if there was something up there.

''umm....sorry...'' I whispered.

''I said that you'll be living with Mrs. Summers and her famliy until your grandparents get here from Mexico. But, that might take a while because there is some problems at the border and your grandfather's health is too fragile to take an airplane. But, you'll be safe with Mrs. Summers and her family until your grandparents arive to take you back to Mexico to live with them. Ok?''

''yes,'' I whispered.

''now the doctor would like to speak with you. But, just remember that i'll always be here for you McFlan. This is my contact information. If you ever need anything, give me a ring,''

''oh kay,'' I whispered, unable to speak with the tears welling up in my eyes.

''McFlan...'' the doctor started looking down at his clipboard "...the sudden sharp pain in your leg was due to a rush of poison threw your system. The police force is searching threw your home as we speak trying to find what the poison in your system is. It is not deadly but it triggers sudden nerves and pains like that of what you experienced often. The only thing we can do is give you medicine, which will be an adhesive to the poison, and will help to die down the pain. But, now, we arent exactly sure what the poison is. So, until we're able to find out what it is, test it and get an adhesive...we can't give you anything for it. But, drink plently of fluids and try to get a lot of excersise,''

G Summers nodded her head and thanked the doctor. Shook his hand and smiled. He nodded, gave me one last glance and then left the room. The attorny shook G Summers hand and dismissed after the doctor.

        ''Their gonna let you come home tomorrow,'' G Summers said, sitting down next to me.

''home?'' I asked, whispering, tears swelling into my eyes. ''I have no home,''

''Mick, try to think positively here...''

''think positively? Are you serious? Both of my parents are dead! DEAD Mrs. Summers. I have no got damn siblings!! I don't have a got damn boyfriend!! Hell, I don't even have a got damn dog to curl up with!! My whole life is shit, I have some kind of poison in my body, i'm gonna be living with a crap load of strangers until my deformed grandparents come back to take me to Mexico and I don't even friggin' speak Spanish, and you want me to be positive? I killed my mother!!...'' I couldnt get any more out. The tears started to come. ''I killed her!! And she won't come back. My father won't come back....their dead...dead...''