13- gun power

Chapter 13! This is 3 months later.

Richard on side........................................................>

It has been months now and it seems as if this case about my father isnt going anywhere. No one has called. Mr. Cresalld my so called attorny hasnt really been answering the phone lately, and G Summers seemed to have backed off of helping me. I turned 15 years old but nothing has changed one bit. Grace is only getting worse in her hatred for me, Rocky has found a new girlfriend, and Rueben has a new bestfriend that he's been hanging out with lately. Its as if i'm invisible now. As if everybody forgot to love me. Maybe deep inside they figured I wouldnt try suicide again. Well, they were wrong. Exactly two days ago, on a Friday night, G Summers and Richard were out for a date night. Rocky's girlfriend and some other guys came in a Camero to come get him only minutes after his parents had gone. Grace had snuck out of the window just minutes before Rocky. I thought I was stuck babysitting Rueben but I later found out he had been at a friends house. So, all alone in the thick atmosphere, I scurried downstiars to Rocky's tool area where I had earlier seen a gun.

I picked it up and let the cold metal rest in my palms. Feelings of anger and abandonment only grew stronger and my heart beat louder and louder as I stood alone. So, I wrote out a suicide note and left it next to Rocky's lamp on his desk. I wanted it to be short and sweet but it turned out to be a mini novel, seemingly, and thats what I blame for getting caught. If I wouldnt have spent so much time on the suicide note, I would have had time to shoot my brains out in peace. But...G Summers caught me. The garage door rolled up as G Summers and Richard pulled in. When they saw me they immediatetly shut the car down and ran over. I was highly dissapointed, but, a bit pleased as she cuddled me in her arms. Richard sighed and rested his hands on his hip as he watched the two of us rocking back and forth.

When G Summers felt it best, she released me and stood up. She had gone from sad, to angry and bitter in a matter of moments.

''where is everybody??" she exclaimed as she ran into the house. Hoping Grace and Rocky would appear and usher false and pointless apologies. But to her surprise, she didnt even get an apology. She got a cold slap of emptiness in the face. She burst into tears and dropped down on her knees. Richard and I watched a moment. After a while, I felt the tension inside me die down. I curled up on the couch in the living room and closed my eyes. I couldnt seem to fall alseep and after hours and hours, the two teenagers came back. I think Rocky could sense something was wrong as he entered. He looked to his left where G Summers and Richard sat at the dining room table. And then to his right where I sat curled up in the feeble position I had claimed.

Grace ignored whatever feeling she may have had as she attempted to run upstairs. I tried to shut them all out as I closed my eyes and pressed my hands on my ears...but nothing toned out the massive screams and swears of Gabby and Richard Summers. Both teenagers ended up getting punished. Grace thought it funny,her careless attitude only got the two of them in even more trouble. They were sentenced a months grounding, and all of their electronic gadgets were to be held for 2 weeks or more depending on their having a change of heart.

Now, two days later, its another typical day. Rocky is grounded so he can't go to do any handy jobs. So, he sits on the couch with Rueben and watch's spongebob while eating cereal. Grace is locked up inside of our shared room. And Richard is preparing for another business trip. I'm sitting on the floor in the corner of the living room, surfing threw Richards hundreds of sketchbooks from when he was a boy.

''family meeting! Everybody to living room!" Richard yelled. G Summers ended her phone call and came in. She sat between Rocky and Rueben on the couch. Rueben smiled while Rocky turned up his nose. Richard sat at the kings chair while I kept my safe spot in the corner.

''Grace! We're waiting on you,'' Richard yelled.

We waited and waited but she still didnt come down.

''Grace Romania Summers! Downstairs is where you need to be! This instant young lady!!" Richard tried again.

No response.

''Gracey!" G Summers tried.

''worst sibling ever" Rocky yelled.

G Summers slapped his arm, ''Rocky!!" she huffed.

Rocky rolled his eyes. After a while Richard jumped up and ran upstairs.

''Richard get your hands off me!!" we eventually heard Grace squeal.

''we've been calling and calling your name and you've just been ignoring us. I said we are having a family meeting. So get your ass downstairs, NOW!" Richard boomed. His voice as loud as thunder. Seemed to make the floor crack beneath me. I heard a spitting sound.

''spitting on me wont phase me, Grace! you better be in a chair before I count to 3 or...''

''orelse what? Youre not my dad! You can't tell me what to do!!''

Richard must have grabbed Grace because she started screaming,

"let me go!! Let me go!'' she screamed. He threw her down and resumed his seat.

Richard took a moment to collect himself as he said,

''I have an announcement to make...''