Life is a Video Game

Tails point of view

Sonic has been gone all night, and I haven't seen him at all!I'm starting to get worried.

I close my eyes and sighed, looking out the large window, waiting for Sonic to come running threw the door.

A gentle cough catches my attention and I turn to face Knuckles. He is sitting on the couches arm rest and ruffles my hair.

"Don't worry! Sonic will be back, you know that speed freak can't be far." He chuckles.

"I know! It's just what if he's in trouble with Dr.Eggman or something worse!"

"And actually threatening?" I roll my eyes and smile.

"Yeah..."

Knuckles moves down beside me and wraps his arm around my shoulders. I find an odd sense of comfort in this and snuggle myself into him.

"Don't sweat it! Look, Sonic has been through a lot lately and then the whole Scrouge thing. I think he may need some time alone or maybe he is falling for someone else and isn't ready to tell us? You just have to think of life like... a video game!"

I blink and look into his violet eyes.

"A video game? Knuckles this is reality,  not some mass produced game?" He flicks my nose.

"I said think. Like hypothetically speaking? Now, there are levels and then the boss. Sonic is just starting the levels and then soon he will be fighting the boss. You get it?" He grinned.

I thought about this for a while and stared into his eyes. I never realized how beautiful his eyes were; purple.

I find heat rising to my cheeks and I know I'm changing colour.

"Hey, Tails your pink." He laughed a little.

Now, I know I'm red.

I rub the back of my head and chuckle, pretending to look at my watch. I gasp.

"Will you look at the time! I have to go... uhhh... you know! Stuff!"

Knuckles looks at me blankly and I bolt out toward the garage.

I slam the door behind me, my heart pounds in my chest. I don't understand! Being so close to him never did this to me before! Why now?