You Found Me/Tails/Sorry

Tails point of view

Stumbling forth from the darkness in none other than Espio, he smiles at me and shaking my head throwing the nearest object at him  with a light hearted effort. He chuckles and catches the object in his hand; should have know better than to try that crap out on a ninja.

"What are you doing in this deep of the woods?" He walks over to me and wraps a friendly arm onto my shoulder.

"Nothing, just going to rescue Sonic... hehe." He blinks and cocks his head to the left.

"Rescue Sonic, rescue Sonic? Did I miss a meeting where we established him to be the damsel distressed? " I laugh and roll my eyes.

I slowly begin to explain what happened, but I couldn't give all the details because I didn't know them all myself. He listened carefully and extended a hand with a wicked grin showing that he was willing to help.

I'll be honest, I don't like team Chaotix's at all, Vector is a money hungry freak and Charmy is just annoying, but Espio fascinates me. The way he is able to move without a sound, how he can be powerful and only do a little bit of effort; he could easily be the next Sonic, but he too mysterious which gives him more of a Shadow premise. 

"Okay, so if Knuckles and Shadow are supposed to be with you, than.." He looks around.."Where are they?" 

I sigh and stare at the floor, I don't want to admit that I was used and abused by my best friend, my someone who I thought I loved, I also don't want to make Shadow look bad; half the people in the Sonic Heroes don't like him. 

"They...Uh.."

 I'm horrible at lying...

"They abandoned you? You're just a child, you can't make it on your own." Espio's voice leak with concern. 

"I can take care of myself." I snap.

I am sick and tired of people always stating that I'm too young to know what I want and aren't capable of do anything. I scowl at the chameleon and push him off me. I'm not too young, I have been fighting bad guys since I was little. 

"I am more than capable of taking care of myself, I am the boy genius. Sonic has treated me like one of the boys and doesn't put up a fight about me going on my own. I know what my heart wants, I am old enough to chose who I  love. STOP TRYING TO CONTROL AND CHANGE ME KNUCKLES!" I scream.

My body is shaking with rage, but I soon feel the tears well in my eyes. I look up at Espio who is giving me a smirk. I understand what he did and he comes over with his arms spread. I run into them and he begins rubbing small circles in my back trying to comfort me and I spill everything that happened. 

"I see, well, maybe you need someone who is more caring?" He whispers in my ear.

"Like who? I'll never find someone more loving than him... or someone who I thought was loving."

He cups my chin and tilts my head up to look him in the eyes, his golden eyes sparkle with something unreadable.

"Maybe their looking you right in the eye?"

-----------------------------------------

Knuckles point of view

Shadow and I have been walking in circles, it was sort of becoming clear that Shadow was waiting for someone, but I wasn't going to punch it out of him; I wasn't into making small talk. He badgered me for more information on Scrouge, but I couldn't give much more than the fact of he did a lot of damage to Sonic and Tails, but Dr.Eggman was to protective over people he cared about; even the smallest bit.