t w e n t y - s e v e n

(Y/N)'s POV:

The wind blew heavily across my face and it was strangely really cold.

Snapping my eyes open, I realized I was being carried across the sky by a middle aged man with wings.

Fun.

I'm still not used to being airborne, even though I do it some with Spider-man. The dress probably doesn't help this feeling either.

"Got a visual on the plane, but I'm feeling a bit of resistance," I heard Big Bird say. There was some other noise from a comm, but it was too quiet for me to hear over the roaring wind. We shifted ever so slightly as if he was looking for something, before he looked down to see me awake. "So our very own sleeping beauty's awake."

Gagging at his remark, I retorted with, "Like hell I'm going anywhere with you."

"Not like you have much of a choice in escape." He tapped a gloved finger onto one of the silver bands placed intentionally on each arm.

Looking down, New York got smaller and smaller as we flew higher and higher. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar red and blue-clad friend and knew if at least one of us made it on this plane, we still could stop him without big explosions and what not.

Feigning strong ignorance on the situation, I shut up and watched patiently as he attached his wings to the plane.

"This better work," he mumbled while placing four glowing cubes onto the underside of the plane.

I'm moved to the underside of his wings while he works, but am promptly shoved through the purple portal once he finished and landed harshly onto the floor.

Huffing in annoyance, I shouted out, "A bit of a softer landing would've been nice."

He ignored me, and moved to the cockpit. Pressing many buttons, he then sighed in relief as what I assumed to be the security was taken down. He walked through the back, strolling casually through all of the shipment containers.

"Why'd you take me in the first place? I wouldn't have known what you were doing. I would most likely still be dancing at Homecoming right now."

"Because," he turned to face me and slipped off his mask, continuing to walk slightly closer, "you have use to me."

Looking this man straight in the eyes, I saw who I never thought I'd see. Liz Allen. They both had the same smug look like they had won a million dollars.

Scrambling to my feet, I backed a bit further away from him to create some distance. We were both interrupted from this stupid staring contest when red flashed and sirens blared. Did Peter make it?

I followed him straight back up to the cockpit to see Peter hanging on for dear life behind the bottom camera. Liz's dad yelled in frustration. He was about to shove me inside the cockpit, but I grabbed the closer arm and twisted it behind his back before shoving him towards the ground instead. To make sure he stayed down at least a little bit longer, I kicked him straight in the stomach.

Not a moment later, I ran straight for the purple portal, which happened to have shifted a bit under Peter's attempts to remove the wings. Carefully, I stuck my head through the portal and yelled out, "Peter! Take my hand!"

He looked up at me and reached his hand out in my general direction. It was kind of hard because he was barely holding onto the plane in the first place. Just as our hands were about to touch, I was yanked back in by the collar of my dress and thrown into the way of a shipping container.

Oh look, it's Thor's magic belt falling out of a container. Hope he didn't need that.

By the time I was oriented, the spot where that purple portal used to be was back to the grey metal of the plane.