f o u r t e e n

2012: After The Battle In New York

"Things are never going to be the same now. I mean look at this. You got aliens," A man moved a picture closer in between his coworker and him. "You got big green guys destroying things. When I was a kid, I used to draw cowboys and Indians."

"Um, actually, it's Native Americans, but whatever," His coworker mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah. But tell you what though," The man readjusted the glasses on his nose. "It ain't bad, is it?"

"No, yeah. Kid's got a future."

"Yeah, well. We'll see, I guess." The man pulled the drawing down and walked on to help with getting rid of the remains of a train station and alien machinery in front of the Avengers tower. He walked over to another man attempting to saw through alien metal and said, "Whoa. Hey, no. You can't use that kind of stuff. These alien bastards are tough. You gotta use the stuff they use."

"Attention, please!" a woman said. She was wearing a suit and didn't quite match with the atmosphere surrounding her. "In accordance with Executive Order 396B all post-battle cleanup operations are under our jurisdiction. Thank you for your service, we'll take it from here."

"Who the hell are you?" The man asked.

"Qualified personnel," a snarky man added.

"Look, I have a city contract to salvage all this, with the city, so-"

"I apologize, Mr. Toomes, but all salvage operations are now under our jurisdiction. Please turn over any exotic materials that you've collected or you will be prosecuted." The women and her entourage began to walk away.

Mr. Toomes stopped her, desperation clear in his voice. "Hey now, lady. Look. I bought trucks for this. I brought in a whole new crew. These guys have families. I have a family. I am all into this. I could lose my house because of this!"

"I'm sorry, sir. There's nothing I can do." With that, she turned and walked away again.

"Maybe next time you won't over-extend yourself," The snarky guy said.

"What'd you say?" Mr. Toomes asked.

His coworker whistled behind him.

There's a deadly pause between the two. "He's right. I over-extended myself."

Without a second thought, Mr. Toomes punched the guy. Guns are raised by those in business attire and most of the crew raise their hands up.

"Oh, oh, oh. Hey. Put the guns down," The woman appeared again and the guns were lowered. "If you have any grievances, you can contact my superiors."

"Superiors? Who the hell are they?"

8 Years Later: (Y/N)'s POV

The subway is as crowded as ever this morning as Peter and I made our way to school. Well, I'm a bit of a distance away. While switching lines, I saw him with his earbuds in messaging someone. He looked kinda sad though. Wonder why.

Finally catching up to him in the school hallway, I saw him and Ned were talking.

"Join me and together we'll build my new Lego Death Star," Ned said, mimicking an ominous voice.

"What?" Peter asked, "That's awesome! How many pieces?"

"Three thousand eight hundred and three," I said. Both guys look up at my voice.

"That's insane!" Peter said.

"I know! You wanna build it tonight? (Y/N), you're welcome to join," Ned added.