f o r t y - o n e

Gonna take a moment to rant about the fact that both of my AP tests are one after the other: June 3rd and 4th. WHO THINKS IT'S OKAY TO SCHEDULE LIKE THIS
On top of that, I supposedly have my annual NPPA (National Piano Playing Association) audition June 5th, and it looks like I might have to travel for it unless I want to record a long video and submit it online smh
Hope all of you are doing well!

The next morning, we were heading out of the depleting hotel, supposedly, making our way to Paris, France. Knowing everything Fury stood for, this will not be the case. Superheroes always came before class trips, and as much as I love Peter, there was something up with Beck.

My vision helped confirm my suspicion, but I guessed I also have to think about if there's a possibility of doppelgangers in other dimensions, which could result in the Beck from this world's body being overtaken by the Beck from that world.

Lastly, this world's Beck had connections to Stark, and not everyone loves Stark. I'm sure the glasses Peter was given have a lot more importance than what's at first glance.

Walking up to Peter and Ned the next morning, I was able to listen in. It sounded like Peter was checking on him once again.

"Besides, getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury is probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me," Ned commented.

"That is pretty awesome," Peter agreed. The two began their handshake, and saw me coming up beside them. "Did you know Fury was there?"

"Of course. As he said, 'Your girlfriend was smart enough to at least pick up the goddamn phone.' So, you're at fault there."

"I didn't want to do any of that to begin with," Peter whined. Perking up, he added, "At least we don't have to go to Prague."

"Seriously," Ned added.

I'm just-

I'm not gonna tell him. Why spoil a perfectly good reaction?

"Good news!" Mr. Harrington called out. "We're going to Prague."

Everyone's confused glances surrounded our teacher and I was trying so hard to keep from laughing. Good job, Fury. You really pulled out all the stops for this one.

"You should've heard me on the phone with them. I really gave them hell."

"All I heard was crying," Flash commented.

We followed Mr. Harrington out to find a nice looking tour bus. Dmitri stood at its open door, holding a sign that said "Midtown High." Following behind him were many comments of surprise and excitement at the upgrade.

"Peter, (Y/N), what's going on?" Ned asked.

"I- I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation," Peter said with a sigh.

"Oh c'mon," I jumped in, throwing up a hand. "You had to have seen this coming."

"Awesome," Ned finished.

Patting Peter's back in consolation, I smiled and led the both of us over to the bus to get on.

The bus rolled through the mountains of Austria and I decided to go bother Peter. He was scrolling through his phone on some BuzzFeed article.

Plopping down in the chair next to him, I asked, "What're you looking at?"

The phone clicked off fast and he said, "Nothing important."

I leaned my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. I felt his head shift downwards and he leaned slightly to grab the glasses case resting on the top of his bookbag.