Dessert For My After Party

Comincia dall'inizio

Because I'm an idiot, that's why.

"Hello," I waved, placing the coffee cups on Xavier's desk and extending my hand. Anna shook my hand and smiled, and she looked stunning. My insecurities were rampaging inside my mind.

"We already got coffee, Valentina, was it?" She said, and I nodded, smiling weakly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't informed," I said, reaching my hand out for the cups but Xavier grabbed his.

"Yeah, I'm still gonna need that. Thank you," he said, smiling at me.

"So, Valentina, how is your job going? Is this one too hard on you?" Anna says playfully punching Xavier's arm.

"It's good, really. And he's nice," I reply, and she smiles.

"Honestly, I never thought he'd be able to get used to anyone except Martha. She was a sweetheart and amazing at the job. I tried to get her to be my secretary, but she would never agree," Anna laughed along with Xavier and I just stood there.

"Anyway, I should be going now. Remember I'm your date to the party tonight, Alex. Don't ditch me. Valentina, you should come too," she gently touched my wrist and I nodded, smiling my best smile.

"Thank you for being here when I called you, hun. I don't know what I would have done without your help," she said, holding Xavier's palms and pulling him in for a hug. 

Now I was right there, standing like an uncomfortable, insecure moron, looking around the room while they hugged it out like a couple. Xavier walked her to the door and waved as she walked away, closing the door behind her. He returned to his chair with a smile on his face, and it disturbed me because I certainly wasn't the reason for his smile.

"I'm just going to call and check about the postponed meeting and give you an update in a while. Is that okay, Alex?" 

First, I met Amy, and now Anna. The way they were all cozy with Xavier, means anyone close to him calls him Alex. As for me, I really want to be close to him.

"It's Xavier, Valentina. Not Alex. And yes, it's okay," he says, his face scrunching up in a frown.

Ouch. Well, that's sorted.

"Right. I forgot only Amy and Anna can call you Alex because you're the trio. The Triple A," I mumbled under my breath, sorting out some paperwork lying around his desk.

"The Triple A? You seem a tad bit jealous, love," Xavier smirked, all of his glorious attention directed towards me.

"Not at all, sir. I'll be leaving for my desk now," I replied curtly, turning around to leave, but a strong hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me back. 

How did he even get behind me so fast? What is he, Road Runner?

"Babygirl, what's wrong with you?" He asked, making me turn to him, holding me close to himself.

"I'm good, sir. Nothing's wrong," I said, and he roughly pulled my chin up to look into his eyes, which were displaying anger.

"It isn't fucking sir for you, Valentina. Why are you pushing my buttons?" He practically growled.

"Everyone close to you calls you Alex. And since you specified I can't, I'm probably not close to you, so I'll stick with sir. Like a proper secretary," I explained, and his anger dissipated, being replaced by amusement.

"But I love it when you say Xavier, princess," he says, his voice dripping with seduction, making me dizzy and sending me in a trance.

"It sounds so fucking sexy, especially when you moan my name, darling," he says, gripping my waist tightly, pulling me impossibly close to him.