Chapter 38

Hermiones head gently shook as she held her teeth tightly together. "Isn't this a just a bit out of the blue." She uttered her eyes following the dancing flames of the fire from Griffindors tower.

"Well we all knew she had to come back sometime or another." Ron replied back as he slumped in the arm chair. "It's going to be weird, it's been months since we've spoken to her."

"I know." Hermione quietly uttered. "It's hard not to pretend like nothings happened."

"Will she even speak to us?" Harry grumbled, as he stared down at his shoes. Kicking his foot back and forth.

"She can't exactly ignore us," Hermione sated. "Her and I do share a room." She added, looking at Harry. "I mean we're her friends, we've got to be there for her, it might take a bit of time she's been away for a while," she sated with a soft smile.

"It's all just a bit strange though really. We've all written letters and we only get a reply back from Serious, with the same reply every time," Ron grumbled, as his owl dropped a letter on his lap. "Speaking of the bloody devil," Ron uttered as he picked up his letter, scribbled on the back was To Harry, Hermione and Ron. Clearly in Serious's handwriting. As Ron ripped open the envelope yanking the letter out.

'Thank you for writing

As I'm sure you've been told Hope will be coming back shortly. She will very much still need your close  friendship from all three of you.

However I only want to say this once, do question Hope of her time off and simply please shut down any ones else's questions that they may have.

Sincerely
                   Padfoot '

"Eh?" Ron sated starching his head, "what's that supposed to mean?" He sated, as Hermione snatched the letter out of his hand.

"Well Ronald," she spoke, "none of us actually know the reason why she's off do we?"

"Why can't I know?" Harry muttered his voice shaky, "it feels like I don't even know her anymore," he whispered.

"Oh Harry," she sated her eyes soft at the sight of him, "I know we're all in the dark but it's all going to work out in the end, remember in our first year when you two didn't speak for those weeks, it's probably going to feel like that, but after a few days you'll be back to normal," she explained with a nod and a smile.

"Yeah I just hope you're right," he grumbled.

*

A cold Saturday night was upon Hogwarts castle, frost was upon the castles windows along with a thin layer of pure white snow that covered every surface on the Hogwarts grounds. 

It had been five long months, but now she was back.

The only light was small rays of moonlight glimmered down upon the Gryffindor common room. The fire long burnt out.

The painting opened with a creak, and shut with a light thud.
Hope couldn't tell if she couldn't or just didn't want to take any steps more into the Gryffindor common room.

The room had never seemed so big, the walls seemed to be toppling over her.
The sent of burning wood lingered throughout the air.
This was no longer home to her.
Her teeth firmly griped her bottom lip as her hand lost grasp of her trunk as it fell to the floor with a heavy thud.

She couldn't do it.
And out through the portrait she ran.