Chapter 25

"Oh dear god." Sirus muttered, running his fingers through his shaggy hair, of the sight of Hopes body laying almost dead like on the bed. Her head rested on a pillow, a blanket that Sirus had found in a cupboard, layed across her body.

"I know, she's fighting her own battle with her mind. All what we can do is make sure her surroundings are peaceful, as we do not know how much she is picking up right now." Dumbledore explained, his hands behind his back. 

Sirus nodded, "well the house is empty apart from me, so everything should be calm." 

"Good. Now we do not know when she shall wake up, I say give her a week. If not contact me." Dumbledore paused for a moment before speaking. "Now you must keep her apart from Harry-." 

"Are you mad!" Sirus snapped cutting him off mid sentence.

"No." Dumbledore replied back calmly. "We don't know what is happening with Hope, for all what we know she is being used. Used to get to Harry or to get information. Even so I still am unsure.' 

Sirus nodded, "It's for the best then." He sighed, even he couldn't imagine them apart. 

Xx

Hope had remained in her coma state for sometime. A lot longer than Dumbledore had planed, almost making daily trips to Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place. 

It was almost as if time never moved in Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place, the only thing that seemed to be changing was the clothes Sirus was wearing. 

"Will she ever wake up?" Sirus asked, placing himself in the chair besides Hopes bed. He didn't know if he truely wanted to know the answer to his question. 

Dumbledore pondered for a moment before opening his mouth, "there's a chance she won't, and a chance she will. As we speak she's battling with her mind, there is nothing that we can do that will speed up the progress." 

"So we are just playing a waiting game then?" Sirus huffed. 

"Yes. I shall be off now, Hogwarts is as mad as ever." Dumbledore sated, as he made his way to the door. "If she wakes up contact me immediately." Was the last thing he said before he was gone. 

A month had went by and still Sirus was playing the waiting game. Nothing had changed since the day Hope arrived to Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place. Harry was writing to him a lot, there was nothing Sirus could say about Hope, apart form, 'Hope is doing fine'. And leave it at that, nothing more could be said about Hope. Sirus could almost feel Harry's anger through his letters, as his eyes read through a new letter. He couldn't blame Harry, she was his only family left. 

Sirus had suddenly placed the letter down onto his desk, lifting his head up and remained silent and still. Hesitatly and slowly he lifted him self up from his chair. His eyes narrowed as he left the room. Noises grew louder the close he had gotten to the stair case. His heart pounding like a drum in his body as he placed a single foot on the first step. "Kreacher!" Sirus shouted, his voice echoing throughout the walls of the house. 

Kreachers emerged from the top step of the stairs. "Yes master." His voice almost sounding sarcastic.

Sirus made his way up the stairs, "Is it you who's making that noise?" Sirus snapped at him. 

"No, it's the halfblood." Kreacher uttered, doing his best not to snap at him. 

Sirus gritted his teeth, pushing past Kreacher so he almost fall to the old wooden floor. 

Sirus had frozen at the sight, there Hope was no longer laying down looking dead like, she was sat up her kness brought up to her chest, as her head buried in her knees. It had almost sound like she was laughing, when in fact she was sobbing, well sobbing was an understatement. Her eyes like a waterfall of tears, as her hands tightly gripped fist fulls of her own hair, as if she was ready pull it out from the roots. 

It had take a moment for Sirus to collect his thoughts together, before he came to her side sitting on the edge of her bed, quickly pulling her into an embrace. 

Hope had suddenly jumped at Sirus's touch, slowly lifting up her head, her eyes scared who it might be. A wave of relief washed over her, yet it didn't stop her eyes from gushing out tears. From the top of her head all the way to the tips of her toes were shaking. Her bottom lip trembling, and swollen from her teeth destroying the skin inside it. 

"It's alright." Sirus gently hushed, slowly rubbing her back. 

Hope had almost felt like she was going to faint again. She couldn't tell anyone, and that slowly was tearing her apart like a pice of paper.  His words replaced the silent among them. 

Her heart ached, like the same feeling that you would get if you had lost someone very close to you, but now to Hope it was as though she had lost everyone close to her. She was so far down, there was no light at the end of the tunnel. 

There was something inside of her, that just needed to be let out, weather it was screams of her pain, or her anger deep with in, it just needed to be freed. 

Hours had passed and still Hopes tears never seemed to of dried up, Sirus had remained beside her, although it made no difference to Hope, as she still felt alone. 

"Hope I'll be back in a moments." Sirus uttered. Hope head him, yet his voice sounded far away from where her mind was.