Chapter 31

"Hope. Dinner is ready, if you still want to come into the living room." Sirus explained leaving the choice completely up to her. Sirus watched as she searched her brain for the answer. 

"Yeah, I guess so." Hope muttered, looking down at her hands. Sirus smiled at her, he felt warmth in his heart as he lent out his hand to her to take. Hope stared blankly at Sirus's hand for a few seconds. Slowly she could feel her throat growing dry. 

"It's okay," Sirus's assured her, his eyes softening as his lips formed into a soft smile. 

Hesitant, but none the less Hope had taken his hand, and was helped to her feet.  Letting go of his hand once her feet met the wooden floor. 

A quiet wimper escaped her lips as she left the security of her room and onto the landing, the walls had felt like they where caving in on them. As she immediately clutching onto Sirus's arm with a tight grip. As they slowly but surely made their way down the creaky stairs and into the the living room. 

The fire was lit and burning, warming the room to a comfortable temperature. Two plates filled with food was already served up on a plate that rested on a coffee table. Hope had placed her self down on one of the couches that was in the room. Sirus sitting on a couch in front of her. "Now, I'am not asking for you to eat everything. Just what you can." Sirus explained with a soft smile. 

Hope felt her stomach turn just at the sight of food on her plate. Her eyes flicked to Sirus, she could see the desperateness in his eyes, he truely cared about Hope, he wanted to see her at her normal health again. Swallowing the large lump in her throat, Hope slowly lifted her plate up into her lap, her fingers tightly wrapped around the fork. Before she stabbed it into a bit of turkey, placing it into her mouth. I looked like she was going to spit it out, before she began to chew on it. Eventually swallowing it. 

"How was it?" Sirus asked.

"Dry." Hope uttered.

A chuckle exscaped Sirus's lips. "Best not to tell Molly that." 

Hope had mainly just played with her food nibbling on the odd pice, no more than what she would normally eat ever since she arrived at twelve grimaled place. 

"Well that was certainly the best Christmas dinner I've had in years," Sirus said with a smile, as he placed his almost empty plate onto the coffee table. "Have you finshed?" He watched as Hope quickly nodded her head as she placed her plate far away from her. "Now, I can get Harry if you would like. I think he would perhaps to see you." Sirus explained his voice gentle and soft. "He dose not have to stay long. And he doesn't have to even come." 

"He can come in." It had felt like a huge effort to Hope to say those words. 

Sirus gave a simple nod, before he disappeared out of the room. 

Hope could hear Sirus's hushed voice outside the room,  it almost sounded like he was instructing Harry. As if she was a delicate new born baby that had to be protected.

Although Hope knew it was coming, she jumped when she heard the door handle turn and the door handle. 

Harry suddenly felt him self grew sick, it was like he was looking at a stranger when he glanced upon Hope. Having a conversation with her felt talking to an foreigner. 

He placed him self where Sirus sat, forcing Sirus on the same couch as Hope. Harry felt stupid just being there. What was there to talk about. He couldn't just ask, 'how's things going Hope?'. He already knew the answer she was mentally ill. 

"Molly's Christmas dinner was nice," Sirus uttered, feelings the awkwardness slowly ripping him apart. 

Harry felt his throat go dry, "...yeah it was nice." He muttered, he'd much rather be back with the Weasley's sitting with Mr Weasley speaking about him saving him. 

"But nothing ever beats a Hogwarts Christmas dinner." Sirus sated. 

"Oh...Yeah, they are nice," Harry answered back, awkwardly starching the back of his neck. 

"I heard Hermione got Hope a present, did you get Hope one?" Sirus asked. 

Harry stayed completely silent for a moment, "well...I ...No." He admitted. 

"I didn't want one." Hope quickly sated, looking at her lap. Her eyes saddened like she was hurt. 

"Well I'm sure what Hermione got you is nice." Sirus said too cheerful for Harry's liking. "How about I get your present Hope?" 

"I can get it." Harry said rather quickly, getting to his feet, rushing to get out of the room. Harry didn't rush into the room like what he did to get out, in fact he shuffled his feet to his seat. Giving the present to Sirus, who then gave it to Hope. 

Her eyes had seemed to of softened as she help the wrapped gift in her hands. Using her fingers she teared the wrapping paper away and onto the floor. Her body had seemed to of relaxed, her fingers clutched onto it tightly. It was a light brow teddy bear with soft fur and big beaming eyes.  "Isn't that lovely." Sirus sated, softly smiling. Surprised to see Hope nod in agreement. 

"I think I'm going to go back, they're handing out pudding." Harry said, although not hungry at all. Quickly leaving the room. 

'What did I tell you.' A cry escaped from Hopes lips, his voice was back. 'He left so quickly, he dosent want to be near you. All this time he's never liked you.' 

"Hope?" It was Sirus, he voice sounded shaky and scared. 

'An old man as your only firend, how pathetic.' 

Sirus had carried on calling her, but Sirus's voice was soon lost over his.

'A whole house of people who are ment to be your firend, and yet none of them have tired to speak to you. Why bother. Just look at your self. No longer able to hold a conversation. People don't like you, they see you and pity you.'

It was like Hope wasn't in control of her body, as she had collapsed where she sat. Her body like jelly.