wish you were straight - meanie/seokgyuhao

Start from the beginning

Wonwoo was here, on the other side of this phone. Calling him, Mingyu felt a smile creep on his face as he pressed the camera button. The other accepted it once again, they were now on FaceTime.

Mingyu could see the outlines of Wonwoo's face through the dim hotel light, outlining the parts he loved to press kissed to. His cheek, his nose, his temple, and his face in general.

"What Gyu? It's three in the morning." Wonwoo croaked, and oh. Mingyu forgot, even though it was late night over here, he forgot about the time zones.

Mingyu bit the side of his lip as he mumbled an apology, "Sorry Won, you can go back to sleep." As much as he enjoyed Wonwoo's morning voice when he just woke up and it would be deeper than usual, he would enjoy it if Wonwoo would be able to do his job properly.

"It's fine Gyu, actually I have something to tell you" Wonwoo spoke, the tone of his voice deepening as Mingyu found that very attractive.

"What?" What could it be? Maybe a present or souvenir for him from Singapore? Mingyu imagined as the next words, were unimaginable.

"Let's break up"

Mingyu let out a laugh. No way he's serious right? Maybe he is, maybe it's April fool's
day. Mingyu swiped down his screen to check the day, it's not. It's the middle of August, where the leaves were crisp and disconnecting from branches.

He then realized, Wonwoo was serious.

"What?" Mingyu had to see if he was hesring correctly. There's absolutely no way! Right? They've gone this far, they were highschool sweethearts for god's sakes.

Mingyu had fallen into like with Wonwoo when the older would do his homework at the lunch table with Soonyoung and Minghao. When Wonwoo would scrunch his nose and squint his eyes when he laughed. When Wonwoo confessed to liking him too, that day, with blush on his cheeks and a look of shyness. That Mingyu hasn't seen in a long while.

"Yeah, let's break up"

"You're not serious right? There's no way you're actually serious." Mingyu cracked a smile, because how ridiculous was this? Wonwoo breakimg up with him over the phone while on a business trip.

While they share a house together, with their dog and cat. That he loved so much, how their puppy with jump beside to reach Wonwoo as Mingyu sat on the couch to get their kitten to sit on his lap.

"Sorry Gyu." Wonwoo's voice was cut off as Mingyu looked at his phone screen in confusion, his eyebrows frowned together ss he saw Wonwoo's contact information.

Wonwoo hung up on him.

Funny. How funny was this? Mingyu laughed as he clicked the lock button on his phone. Now seeing a black screen and seeing his reflection. Crying with a grin on his face.

If three's a crowd and two was us, one slipped away (Hahahahahahahaha)

Mingyu reminisces days later as he walks into their shared bedroom that Mingyu hadn't had the balls to clear Wonwoo's things out of the room.

"Oh c'mon Wonwoo! Tell me who your crush is!" Mingyu piped up as they were in passing period for their fourth class their shared. The younger nudged Wonwoo's shoulder as the other just shook his head with a shy smile.

Part of Mingyu didn't want to know. He liked Wonwoo too much to want to know how the other was crushing on.

As they headed to their class, Wonwoo took a seat in the back, Mingyu sitting along with him as Seokmin had his bag slumg over his shoulder. Hopping in the seat in front of Wonwoo with his body turned to the other two.