Broken glass.

     The panic in him started to spiral loose, and he began to sense that Hana hadn't just been teasing him. Something was wrong.

     He looked back down at the glass, following a small trail made up of the shards. It had most likely been made by the wind coming from an open door, or broken window.

     Hyunjin froze at the basement door, the others catching up to him as he did so. None of them spoke as their eyes took in the horrible scene in front of them.

     There was a huge pile of broken glass lying in front of the mutilated window it had come from. Bloody handprints led from a small puddle of blood near the door, smearing as they got closer to the window. It looked like there was something written near the puddle, the beginning of a word.

     Hyunjin slid to his knees, eyes stinging as he attempted to make out the letters. J... e... o... n... g...

     The letters stopped there, but it was enough for them. Hyunjin sat back on his heels, fighting the moisture brimming in his eyes.

     "Jeongin," he whispered, voice cracking as he uttered his youngest brother's name.

     Minho, face still stoic, caught on something lying on the floor near the wall. He slowly walked over, squatting to pick it up, fingers trembling as he realized what it was. The bracelet twinkled in his hand, obviously that of a girl. Biting his lip bitterly, he held the peice of jewelry up for the others to see, head falling in attempt to compose himself.

     "And... and Nari."

     Her name echoed through the hall, flowing through Hyunjin's ears. His brain couldn't comprehend what he was hearing, what Minho had just said.

     Because it couldn't be. Nari had just been with Chan, and she had probably gone upstairs to help in any way she could, monitoring the cameras with Woojin, or assisting Jisung with the bulletproof vests. There was no way that... that she could be...

     Hyunjin painstakingly looked at the bracelet, disbelieving eyes running over its surface. Lips trembling, he furrowed his brow at Minho.

     "She... she's gone?"

     The older boy nodded, placing a hand over his eyes as he clenched the bracelet in a fist. Chan looked struck, so bewildered that he didn't say a word, couldn't believe that it was true, like Hyunjin.

     Seungmin, Jisung, and Felix came upon them just then, looking extremely scared. Felix blew out a long breath, eyes counting his members as he spoke.

     "We couldn't find anyone, we were so worried and... where's Nari and Jeongin?"

     That was the last straw. Chan buried his face in his hands, legs giving out as his heart did as well. The sobs were muffled, but everyone could hear them, and the three youngest looked appalled at their leader's unexpected display of emotion.

     Seungmin's arms started to shake, and he took a step forward, head darting around. When no one answered Felix, he repeated the question.

     "Where the hell are Nari and Jeongin?"

     Rage had begun to build up in Hyunjin's chest, so hot, so livid, that it blinded his vision and his ears began to ring. His hands fisted as his eyes settled on the puddle of blood in front of him. His love's blood.

     "They're. Fucking. Gone," he screamed, throat threatening to tear with the viciousness of his words, body finally releasing his agony. He placed a hand in the blood, fingers curling like he could touch who it belonged to.

     Jisung's jaw dropped, tears instantly filling his eyes as he processed the words. "What?"

     Changbin spoke up, swallowing to control his emotions. "They're gone. Sicarius took them."

     Felix burst into tears, his usually joyful eyes unbearably full of mourning. While Seungmin didn't cry, he was shaken to the core, having thought of the idea of a member being taken, but never expecting it to actually happen.

     Ever the one to keep it together, Minho squeezed his eyes shut, attempting to clear his thoughts. "Chan, what do we do?"

     The eldest had ceased his tears, damp face gazing down at the blood as well. He locked eyes with Minho, despair filling his features, yes, but also authority. As wrecked as he was, he knew exactly what had to be done in the moment, and he was ready to get to work.

     "Get her brother on the phone."

i hope the chapters aren't getting boringhaha

haha

just a disclaimer,, there will probably be
more strong language in the upcoming chapters. idk what everyone is comfortable with,, just wanted to let you know!