nine.

Unknown p.o.v.

     The darker area of Seoul was dead silent.

     Maybe the wind had been warned not to disturb those passing by, and the rats had felt the strange chill in the air. The homeless tucked themselves out of sight, being mindful of who's presence they were in, and dared not lift an eye to catch a glimpse of them.

     A young girl strolled quietly through the middle of the street, as if she didn't have a care in the world. Her dark hair was tied back carefully, and her hands were shoved deep into her pockets.

     She made her way across the city, not even sparing a glance to those who eyed her figure. She had a mission, and no one was going to keep her from it.

     Stopping in front of a dark, sleek building, she took a card out of her pocket and swiped it next to one of the heavy doors. A green light followed by a dull chime flashed, and she pushed her way inside, her heels clicking against the cold floor.

     The walls were bare of any decoration, and although one could not see any cameras, they were being watched.

     The girl marched straight up to a single elevator set in the wall and pressed the up button. As she stepped inside, she took a deep breath, preparing herself. A hand swept over her head, checking for stray hairs, and she smoothed her shirt down, straightening any wrinkles.

     The doors opened with a ding and she exited the space, not pausing in her confident steps. A single dark red door awaited her in the hall, three letters standing in stark contrast to the wood.

     NCT.

     The girl's hand trembled only for a moment as she turned the knob, entering the room with her breath held.

     A silence followed her entry, and a heavy, seductive, cold smell drifted throughout the room, tickling the girl's nose. It smelled dangerous, harsh. It smelled rich.

     She stood in the deafening stillness, waiting. Finally, a chair swiveled around, and the man sitting in it raised his eyes to hers, his eyelids half open in a lazy, scary gaze.

     "Report."

     She cleared her throat. "She stayed at their base all through last night, I'm sure of it."

     "And tonight?" he asked lowly, his husky voice causing goosebumps to rise on her arms. Dryly, she swallowed.

     "She's still there."

     The man played with his fingers for a moment. Then he paused. "They're going to ask her to join them. And we still don't know where they are."

     His tone darkened with anger, and his fists clenched on the desk, rage filling his every pore. She jumped when the man slammed his hands down, rattling the desk.

     He breathed in deeply, trying to calm himself. "Of course they will. But even after the oath has been taken, it can be broken, if someone of her blood objects to it... "

     At that, a smirk grew across his face, and his gaze swept back to the girl, eyes sharpening. "Go back to your post. Keep the updates weekly. If I have need of you again, my personal messenger will let you know."

     He turned to a single paper sitting on his desk. It listed all sorts of information about a girl, her appearance, age, school, allergies, likes and dislikes, everything.

     Things only a friend, a close friend, would know.

     The girl bowed and stepped out of the room. But before she could shut the door, the man's voice range out again.

     "Don't get too attached, remember. If you lose your hold on her, we lose our only reliable source. I trust you to do whatever you need to in order to finish this.

     Jisoo."

"