forty seven.

Nari's p.o.v.

After the bloody surprise outside of the warehouse, Minho had whisked her, Chenle, and Jeongin inside to the building's infirmary, ordering them to lie down on cots and wait for him to do full body checks on them. Jisung had awkwardly but persistently followed, staying quiet as he sat close to his friend.

"Is all of this really necessary?" Jeongin whined, raising his feet up with a wince. "It's not like they forced us to ingest anything - we just have some cuts and bruises. Chenle is the one who needs help," he explained, his gaze avoiding the rusty dried blood on the edges of his shirt and pants. 

Minho spun suddenly, his gaze as flat as his voice. "Your eyes are so swollen you can barely see, you have several open slashes on your body, and they pushed needles, needles, into your legs, Jeongin. Yes, this is necessary."

Nari and Jeongin grew silent as the frazzled boy collected the supplies he needed with trembling hands, the weight of the night finally getting to him.

"I'm sorry, I just..."

Minho pressed his hands into the counter he was rummaging through, his head bending down as his jaw clenched. "I may be our gang's medic, but seeing you hurt, any of you, is something I never wanted to see. Ever. And this..."

He stopped again, cut off by someone else entering the infirmary. As if a switch flipped, Minho continued collecting his supplies, a blank expression on his face. After he was done, he turned to face the visitor, who had gently sat on Nari's cot.

     Taeyong looked affectionately down at his sister, his gaze settling on her bloodstained clothes. "They'll all be okay?" he questioned Minho.   

     A tight-lipped smile grew on Minho's face as he replied, "yes, you don't have anything to worry about. Although the two of you will have to wait a few weeks to train together again."

     Although he already knew that, Jisung let out an audible sigh of relief, and Chenle gave him a disgusted expression. "Do you really think I'm that fragile? I got shot twice and barely felt a thing, I'm offended," he huffed, digging the extracted bullets out of his pocket to wave them in his friend's face.

     "You didn't feel anything because you were passed out the whole time," Jisung retorted, cackling as Chenle went to smack him with his injured arm and howled in pain.

     The sight of the two fooling around left a comfortable feeling in the room, and Nari settled deeper into her cot, feeling a bit more at home. Taeyong repositioned a few pillows around her, creating a warm, if not suffocating, nest.

     "I'm fine," she smiled, batting away a blanket he was trying to tuck around her neck.

     Reluctantly he pulled it away, biting his lip absently. "I can't stay long, there's a lot for me to look over, will you be okay here?"

     Nari frowned, her eyes searching her brother's face. "Of course I will be. You can go, it's alright."

     He nodded and leaned down to give her a small kiss on top of her head. "I'll visit you later, promise."

     Taeyong turned towards Chenle, eyes narrowing as he pointed a finger at him. "You too."

     Minho nudged Jisung out of the way as he began looking the boy over, bandages and ointments spilling all over the blankets. He worked quickly on both Chenle and Jeongin, although there were many yelps of pain from both boys.

     As he got to Nari's cot, Minho asked Jisung to bring him some wet cloths as he peeled Nari's shirt away from her neck. She didn't mean to, but the fabric was stuck in some of her wounds, and Nari kept wincing.