epilogue.

"So why didn't you just hit him with your knife?"

     "The correct term is 'stab', Jisung."

     Nari pushed the shopping cart with her hip, adjusting the phone pressed to her ear as she scanned the shelves packed with food. "And I didn't stab him because all he did was ask for my number."

     "That's a stabbing offense," Hyunjin argued on the line. Apparently he had put her on speaker, hence Jisung's extremely helpful comments.

The phone was nimbly swiped from her grasp, and Minho winked at her as he continued the conversation. "That's not even the worst part," he exclaimed dramatically, resting his cane on a nearby shelf as he carefully paced a few feet away.

Nari rolled her eyes in exasperation. Even though almost seven months had passed since the overthrowing of Sicarius's headquarters, the group still insisted on sending someone with her everywhere, no matter what. Even on grocery runs.

     Her fingers grasped the jar she had been searching for and she tossed it into the basket, glancing over at Minho, who was animatedly ranting to her boyfriend on the phone. She had called the house to ask if they needed anything else, but it had turned into the boys planning the kidnapping and murder of a man who had innocently asked her out.

     But Nari could understand why they protected her so fiercely. She had been kidnapped twice since joining them.

     "Minho," she called impatiently, making grabbing motions for her phone.

     Leisurely, Minho hung up and stepped back over to his cane, walking to her gingerly before handing Nari the device. "I think I talked them out of the murder part. Probably not the kidnapping, maiming, and intimidation, but we'll work it out."

Minho had started physical therapy only two months after the accident, cursing and fumbling his way through the exercises until he could finally feel and support himself on his own legs again. Step by step, he stubbornly gained his strength back a little at a time, and could now walk with the help of his cane.

     Eyes wide with sarcasm, Nari nodded her dramatic enthusiasm. "Wow, thanks so much for that heartwarming news."

     He shoved at her playfully before dumping a handful of groceries into the basket. "Whatever. Let's go."

After checking out, they lugged the overflowing bags out to the car that Minho had convinced Chan to purchase for the group. Minho slid into the driver's seat, cranking it up even as Nari nervously climbed in next him.

     "Is it really okay for you to drive this much already?"

     "Probably not."

     Regardless of his health, the boy drove the home smoothly, slinging the bags onto his arms as Nari hopped out. "You should really let me help, that can't be good for you."

Scoffing, Minho resolutely stalked into the house. "I may need a cane, but I'm not an old man," he shouted over his shoulder.

Nari groaned and followed him quickly before he broke something, either on his body or in their home.

     He had already hoofed it into the kitchen, and Nari irritatedly stomped after him, until an explosion of noise caused her to flail her arms wildly in panic.