seven.

The first thing Nari thought when she saw his face was wow. What was with all the gorgeous boys around here?

     But she kept silent and obediently sat down, Hyunjin following her lead. The boy in the chair eyed her for a moment and leaned back. "Let's get straight to the point. I'm sure you're wondering why you're here, who we are, and what happened last night."

     Nari nodded to confirm what he suspected. He ran a hand through his curly locks and sighed.

     "Well, first, I think introductions are in order," he said, a corner of his mouth lifting. "My name is Bang Chan."

     Wetting her lips, Nari replied, "I'm Lee Nari. But you already knew that."

     A grimace distorted Chan's features for a moment. "Yes, and I'm sorry for that."

     She was confused. "Is it so bad to know who I am?"

     "Not necessarily. It's bad for others to know who you are. Even though you have nothing to do with us."

     Nari frowned, her brows dipping down. "I... I don't understand."

     A heavy sigh fell from Chan's lips. "It's very dangerous to be associated with us. I think you learned that after last night."

     Eyes wide, Nari shifted her gaze to Hyunjin. "That's why I was being followed? Because I know you?"

     Hyunjin didn't answer, and instead let his eyes drop to the floor.

     "Yes and no. You know us, but not in the way that man and his bosses thought," Chan elaborated.

     What did that mean? Nari shook her head. "In which way is that? Who are you?"

     The boy bent forward in his chair, keeping the contact with her. "I am the leader of Stray Kids."

     . . . . . what??

     No.

     This wasn't real.

     This wasn't happening.

     Nari stiffened in her chair, squeezing the armrests until her knuckles turned white. "No," she whispered, her breathing turning shallow. "That can't be. That isn't possible."

     "It's very possible, actually," Chan corrected, keeping his calm demeanor. Nari whipped her gaze up at him, fear etched in her features. She opened her mouth, lips trembling violently.

     "You... you're a murderer. I can't believe this," she muttered. Chan's jaw tightened, his eyes flashing. Her head flicked towards Hyunjin. "You killed that man last night, didn't you?"

     His face was devoid of emotion, his eyes blank. But Hyunjin nodded. "I had no choice."

     Nari covered her mouth, fumbling to her feet. Slowly, Chan did the same, gesturing for her to stay put.

     "Calm down Nari, we aren't going to hurt you."

     "Get away from me," she hissed, stumbling towards the door. Hyunjin shot up and followed her, his long strides quickly closing the distance between them.

    "Stay away!" she cried, hands out. Stepping out of the room to make a break for it, Nari bumped into someone else. His sharp, fox-like eyes were wide, and he glanced behind her in confusion.

     "Jeongin, stop her!"

     Nari shoved past him and sprinted down the hall to the stairs, panting for air. Before her foot touched the first step, a hand grabbed her wrist, yanking her back. She screamed.