"I see...thank you for the advice, I'll take my leave now."

Tanjiro nodded his head as I went over to grab the (h/c) haired demon and left.

A safe place for (y/n)...with how clingy she is, I don't think she'll have it...guess I'll go visit Urokodaki tomorrow and explain things.

The rain finally stopped and the clouds were slowly starting to disperse. The sun started peeking through holes and shined it's warm light in some places.

Gotta get home fast...

"(Y/n)...hop on." I said as I kneeled down. She quickly hopped on and I began to run as fast as I could.

Trying my best to avoid the light, time was not on my side. The sun started to show faster and it became harder to maneuver around it.

I stopped in a little spot of shade and (y/n) hopped off.

Think...what can I do?

That could work.

I say as I look over at (y/n)'s clothes.

I stripped off my haori leaving me in just my uniform and wrapped it around (y/n)'s head to keep it covered. I then wrapped her up in a little sushi roll and held her close to my body as I lifted her up.

I began my run home again.

Time skip
I dropped (y/n) onto her feet as we entered my house, heaving while trying to get my breath back.

We made it...holy-...we made...home...

It's not easy carrying someone while running that fast just to avoid the sun.

I keeled over to rest on my knees when I felt a small hand on the back of my head. I looked up and (y/n)'s bright, (e/c) eyes were right in front of mine.

Our faces were so close, I didn't even realize our noses were touching. My face flushed again, but (y/n)'s was flushed too.

I-is she aware...of her feelings? An hour ago...she was acting like a child who didn't understand anything...now she...she's blushing...

I-I'm blushing...does she know that!?

"Mmph..." She hummed.

I pulled my face away and stood up in confusion.

Is she trying to talk to me?

She also stood up and looked at me and made a pouty face.

"Hmmm..." she hummed in what sounded like a disappointed tone.

"What...what is it?" I hesitantly asked, as I wasn't sure if she could understand me. Her eyes widened and she let out a happy hum.

What...did I do?

"Why are you so happy...I didn't even do anything..." I trailed. (Y/n)'s eyes began to sparkle as she ran in a little circle with excitement.

C-cute...I want to make her happy again...but I don't even know what I'm doing...

(Y/n) stopped running around, grabbed my hands and looked at me dead in the eyes. Her eyes were full of determination and excitement at the same time.

"Uhm...I don't know...what you want me to do..." I said quietly. She melted in happiness and sighed after I finished speaking.

That's when it hit me.

"Y-you just want me...to talk to you?" I asked. Her eyes lit up as I spoke, and I smiled.

"Just like before...you really haven't changed now have you, (y/n)." I pat her head which made her flush. Her eyes held the biggest smile as I pet her silky hair.

Looking at (y/n) now, I begin to feel sorry...and guilty. I begin to feel it deep with in my heart, and I could feel my chest squeeze as I looked at her.

"I'm..sorry. Had I been there and just went out for you...you wouldn't have become a demon...you could've still been human..." I apologized to the small girl in front of me. She didn't understand a word I said, yet she listened carefully.

"(Y/n), I swear I'm going to get you back...and when I do, I'll never leave your side again." I smile sadly, and I could feel tears threaten to fall as I remembered this very familiar feeling.

(Y/n) noticed I was feeling a bit sad, and she ran right up and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

At first I hesitated, but I accepted her form of comfort and decided to hide my face in her shoulder and hug her tightly.

"Maybe you can't understand words...but you can definitely understand emotion...thank you...thank you, (y/n)."

Thank you for everything...

A.N.
I just wanted to say that I'm hinting towards the manga, so if you know you know, but please don't spoil it for others kay? Thanks ^^
Also...wowee another chapter!? Omg wooowww amazing. Am much proud of myself for updating this much 😂 anyways...goodbye friends, and stay freakin hydrated :3
Word count 1372 words