Chapter 38

A.N.
Ooooo I have butterflies in my stomach...why am I nervous about my own story 😂

I'm feeling all of the Slayers' nerves aaaaaa. Whoo. Okay, big chapter time let's go. Also, welcome to chapter 38!

Giyu POV
The walk to our destination was almost completely silent. We all were getting nervous, including the hashira.

Yushiro and Tamayo were leading us, meaning we had a limited time to get there. Once the sun comes up, it'll be over and we'll have missed our shot.

Hustling only made the lower ranks, and Zenitsu, more nervous.

"Just a bit further." Yushiro announced.

Scared noises made their way up to slayers. Even with how big of a group we were, we all felt as if we were already dead.

"Giyu-san, are you doing alright?" Tanjiro asked. I slowly nodded my head, but in fact I was getting nervous myself.

We had been preparing ourselves for this very night ever since we joined the corps, yet I felt so powerless in this moment.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm also very nervous." He added. "I've been waiting for the day I'd meet Muzan again, and finally defeat him. It's crazy to think how fast it all happened."

I noticed Tanjiro wasn't wearing his box.

"Where's Nezuko?" I asked quietly.

"Hmm? Oh! I left her with Urokodaki-sensei. It took me a little while to convince her not to come, but, now she's peacefully sleeping waiting for my return." He answered.

"You didn't give her the cure?" I asked in surprise.

"Of course not! I promised that both Nezuko and (y/n) would turn back together! They got along so well, I want them to meet each other at the same time!"

I felt my eyes widen at his words. Even with the cure in his own hands, he's waiting for me to bring (y/n) back home.

I felt my lips slightly tug upwards, but I dare not let him see.

"Thank you..." I said a barely a whisper.

I could feel Tanjiro's smile. It was almost like he knew how I was feeling, even though he's just a kid.

Yushiro stopped abruptly causing some people to bump into each other.

"We're here." He says.

All of the muscles in my body tensed up from how nervous I actually was. I took deeper breaths in order to calm myself, which just barely helped.

"All of you, Lady Tamayo and I are very grateful that you all came tonight. Lady Tamayo and I will be close by along with the Goto to bring injured slayers out to heal them. I may not say it much, but I truly thank you all, and wish you the best of luck." Yushiro finished.

"We wish you all a safe return." Tamayo added.

Himejima cried, and so did Mitsuri as the rest of us slowly walked up ahead.

When I reached over the small hill, I saw where we were going. It was a building, but not?

The walls looked as if they went every direction. Upside down, inside out, flipped and turned.

The evil aura from the place loomed over us, and we all felt intimidated.

"Do we all remember the plans?" Sanemi called out.

Everyone called back a 'yes' or something close to that.

"Then let's go!" Rengoku shouted.

"Right!" Everyone yelled as we all charged for the demons hideout.