Chapter 35

Giyu POV
Tanjiro stood outside talking to Zenitsu and Inosuke. He had his box with him so I assumed that Nezuko was inside.

I walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh! Hi Giyu!" He said with a wide smile.

Inosuke shoved Tanjiro out of the way and put his fists up in the air.

"Fight me! Fight me!"

Zenitsu then smacked Inosuke's boar mask and told him off.

"Sorry Giyu, they're kind of rough and Inosuke...well..."

Inosuke ran and tackled Zenitsu to the ground, leaving Zenitsu a crying mess.

"There's not much to say..!" Tanjiro put his hand behind his neck.

"It's alright, I don't really care anyways. I do, however, need to talk with you...privately."

"Mm? Okay, where should we talk?"

"Just, walk with me." I said gesturing him to walk beside me.

When I couldn't hear the sound of Zenitsu crying, I was sure we were far enough away from them.

"Here is fine."

Tanjiro stopped and looked at me, the smile on his face never faltering.

"So what did you need?" He asked.

"This." I said handing him the box.

"What's inside. . .?" He said opening it carefully, then pulled out the syringes with a curious look on his face.

"It's the antidote. It'll turn your sister back to human. Tamayo wanted me to give it to you."

Tanjiro froze in place as he stared wide eyed at me. His crimson eyes began to water.

"R-really?" He sniffed. "Is that so?"

I nodded my head.

"Did you hear that Nezuko? You're going to be human again!" He cried.

Hopefully, (y/n) can too...one day...

"Thank you, thank you so much Giyu, and Tamayo. Even Yushiro!"

I felt my lips slightly tug up into a faint smile as I watched him. He was so grateful to them both, and I could see why.

He truly does care a lot for his little sister. I'm so proud of him...

"Oh, that reminds me! Where's (y/n)?" Tanjiro asked wiping his tears away.

The happy mood I was in quickly turned into a sad one as I remembered where she was.

"She was taken..." I trailed.

"Who took her!?" Tanjiro gasped.

I clenched my fists to try and suppress my emotions.

"Kibutsuji Muzan."

When Tanjiro heard that name, he became angry at first, then it turned into determination.

"Giyu. We'll get her back, and I'll be there every step of the way with you."

Why would he...?

"But...your sister-"

"Nezuko can wait just a little longer. Or, I can always leave her with Urokodaki. Nezuko and (y/n) should turn back together." Tanjiro said with sincerity.

I could feel my heart oull at his words.

How can one boy be so kind?

"Tanjiro..."