Chapter 31

A.N.
Yuh, guess who just got a million more pictures of Giyu Tomioka.
. . .
It's me haha. Do I regret? No, because now I have a picture of him in a maid outfit muahaha. Uhm..anyways on to the story owo...Giyu almost friggen died omg.

Your POV
A couple of days have gone by since we came back to Tamayo. Giyu still hasn't woken up, and there isn't a day that I don't worry about him.

I've spent most of my time by him, and a little helping Tamayo with chores and things to do around the house.

I sat down in the chair next to Giyu's sleeping figure. His upper body is covered in bandages, and he's hooked up to many different fluids. I can't help but feel guilty at the sight of him.

If only I hadn't suggested we split up...if only I was stronger.

My head was racing with thoughts. Thoughts I couldn't control, and were hurting me in ways I couldn't imagine.

Every second he was unconscious, the more the guilt ate away at me.

The Hashira need Giyu more than they need me...it should be me who's lying there

I put my head face down into the palms of my hand and tried to get my mind off things until I heard the door open.

"(Y/n), is everything alright in here?" Tamayo asks.

"He hasn't changed...so yes." I said quietly.

I heard her move towards the bed and adjust everything connected to Giyu. Even just hearing that makes me feel even more guilty.

"Do you think he'll ever wake up?" I ask, my face still in my hands. Tamayo let out a soft sigh while she was thinking.

"I can't say. I want to believe he'll wake up, but with his state..."

"I see. Thank you." My voice broke. Tamayo gave a slight rub to my back before leaving and I heard her whisper "I'm sorry."

After she left, I let the tears run freely down my face and gripped his bed sheets.

Without realizing it, I ended up crying myself to sleep.

Time Skip
"Mm..." I hummed tiredly and sat up. My cheeks had dried tears, and my eyes were heavy.

How long was I asleep?

I turn my head and get up to peek out the covered window.

It's dark...

There was a slight rustling sound behind me. My eyes widened.

"Giyu?" I turn around with hope, but was met with someone I thought I'd never see.

Kibutsuji Muzan

"What do you want." I said hostile.

"You've caused too much trouble for me. All I wanted was for you to come and talk to me." He said turning towards Giyu. Muzan reached a hand towards him.

"Get away from him!" I snapped. He retreated his hand back to his side.

"I see Kagayaku has done some damage."

"What do you want?" I asked again.

Muzan sighed and held his hand out to me.

"You. I want you to come back with me and be with the people who you are meant to be with." He says.

"And why should I do that?"

"Because if you don't, I kill the water hashira." Muzan put a hand towards Giyu's neck and I swiftly appeared in front of him. I grabbed his hand and shoved it away.