Chapter 144

Your POV
"Good morning, (y/n)!" Chiyoko smiled gently as she walked into the room. Her short hair looked extra fluffy today as it bounced with each step she took.

"Good morning Chiyo, did you sleep okay last night?" I asked.

I was currently in the middle of a quick check up as the nurse went back and forth with her stethoscope.

"I did, oh! You also have another visitor today," Chiyo perked up and I watched her face flush a bright pink.

Ohta then walked in with a couple of bags, his famous smile plastered on his face.

"(Y/n)! It's been such a long time!" He chimed.

I let a giggle out from my lips, "It"s really good to see you, Ohta. I hope you're treating Chiyo well." I smirked and the two kids went bright red.

"I was going to give you your favourite snacks, but I don't think I want to anymore!" Ohta wiped a fake tear and set the two bags down on the counter.

Chiyo sat down and he sat down next to her as we spoke.

"So, how are you feeling today?" Chiyo's sweet voice asked.

I rubbed my hands together, "I'm still pretty tired, but I honestly feel really happy right now..."

"That's good that you're feeling happy! Is there anything I can grab for you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I'm supposed to be eating breakfast here pretty soon," I sighed.

I'm not sure how many more large portions I can handle, but if it means letting Hikari live a good life, then I'll eat everything on that plate.

"Don't forget we still have to do the morning walk." Chiyo added, I nodded.

"Morning walk? That sounds nice and relaxing..." Ohta spoke up.

Both Chiyo and I turned our heads to look at him and he tensed up in confusion.

"W-what?" He asked.

"You try walking for twenty minutes straight with another eight pounds on your back." Chiyo said with an edge.

My eyes widened at the sudden tone she took with Ohta. I had never seen her act like that before.

It did, however, put a smile on my face because Ohta apologised. He seemed almost scared of her sassy tone, but I found it amusing.

It's nice that Chiyo is finding her voice and coming out of her shell.

The door opened and two nurses walked in with the very bland breakfast I was supposed to eat. Most of it was filled with electrolytes and fiber so that I could have energy.

I thanked the nurses and began eating the portions, already feeling sick to my stomach.

I've been eating the same things for almost a week now. It was getting tiring.

Chiyo rubbed small circles on my back as I forced the food down, making sure I wouldn't throw it up.

"I'll go get you some water." Ohta said and stood up. Chiyo gave him a small thank you and he walked to the sink.

He came back with a cup of water and set it down on the tray.

I wish Giyu was here...

I thought as I continued to eat.

"Make sure to eat slowly, okay?" Chiyo said.

I nodded my head and gave her a small smile. With each bite, it got harder to stomach it down, but that didn't mean I could stop.