Chapter 7

Sara groaned. Would they ever stop running!? It felt like they were running forever across that open plain. Even the running in the film didn't seem this long! Maybe it was because Sara was actually one of the ones running. It got even worse when the orcs began to chase them. Sara's biggest fear was that Mason was going to try and chase the orcs and wargs but luckily, he stuck close to her.

Finally, they stopped at the familiar rock area which Sara knew was the entrance to the valley. So far so good.

"They're coming!" Fili yelled.

Sara glanced down at the quiver full of arrows around her waist. Would it change the timeline and storyline if she shot a few orcs? Right? No? Yes? Oh, what the heck!?

Pulling her bow off her back, she loaded an arrow and shot. It struck an orc but not in a vital area.... but in a sensitive area.

Sara cringed and looked away from the sight.

"Nice shot!" Bofur told her, clapping her on her back.

"Interesting target," Dwalin remarked, earning a clobber over the head from his brother.

Sara sighed, "I need a few lessons from Kili."

She heard a faint chuckle from behind her and turned to see Thorin standing behind her, Orcrist drawn but an amused look in his bright blue eyes. Sara spun around to look at the orcs, hoping that he didn't see her face turn red. What was her problem? Sure, Thorin was THE THORIN OAKENSHEILD, a dwarf from the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, an amazing character and warrior, one of the youngest, best looking dwarves, not to mention quite an accidental lady killer.... Okay stop Sara! Stay focused!

Shaking her head, Sara put another arrow on the bow and prepared to aim for another orc. She was just about to shoot when a gentle hand touched her draw elbow. Turning around, Sara saw that Thorin had touched her elbow with the hilt of Orcrist. Sara gave him a quizzical look.

"Lower your elbow," Thorin told her, "Try to make it feel like your shoulder blades are touching."
Sara turned around and did as he said and realized that drawing the bow was ten times easier, not to mention her arms didn't shake when trying to aim. She shot the arrow and this time it struck the orc.... In the abdomen.

"A little higher than last time," Bofur remarked.

"Another few shots and you'll have him in the head lass," Dwalin teased, earning another box from Balin.

Sara rolled her eyes and didn't even look over at Dwalin, "Might want to check behind you."
Dwalin spun around just in time to cut down a warg. The girl smirked to herself. Luckily she paid attention to the books and movies. This was fun!

"This way you fools!" the familiar voice of Gandalf called, earning everyone's attention.

Thorin rushed to the hole and began to call the others. One by one they slid down till it was only Sara, Kili and Thorin out. Sara had begun to slowly inch backwards, still firing arrows but getting closer and closer to the entrance without taking her eyes off the enemy.

Dwalin slid into the hole with Balin close behind.

"Sara! Now!" Thorin yelled, dominance in his voice.

Sara didn't obey immediately for she recognized that particular moment all too well and putting her bow back on her back, she drew one of her swords and without even looking, spun around and drove it into the scull of the warg that, in the movies Thorin killed but not this time!

She sheathed the sword and rushed to the hole, jumping in right after Kili. Thorin followed close behind.

When Sara struck bottom, she realized that she wasn't exactly practiced in the art of falling down holes, so she landed on her back at the bottom but didn't move in time when Thorin came sliding down, the dwarf prince landing on top of her.