Chapter 13

If Sara thought that Thorin's consistent shouldering staring was obvious before their marriage, it skyrocketed ten fold over the course of a few minutes. Only now, it seemed less out of jealousy but more possessiveness. Whenever Sara had joked and spoken with the other members of the company before, Thorin would watch her like a vulture, afraid that if he looked away, someone would steal her clean off the earth. Now, he didn't just watch but looked ready to bite of any man's head if he got too close to her. Sara found this rather amusing but also troubling since she could barely dance with anyone other than Balin without Thorin's deep throat growling reaching her ears. The rest of the company had noticed and had been careful to steer clear of the mad male baboon's mate. They also saw to it that only Sara's brothers danced with the girl.

Thorin had avoided dancing even with his bride which put Sara out until she learnt from Dwalin that Thorin had avoided all dancing lessons as a kid and young adult in order to spend most of his time in the armory and stables. Sara found this enticing since Thorin hated seeing her dancing with someone other than himself but couldn't dance at all. Finally, unable to spend more time dancing while Thorin stared, Sara decided to give him a signal. Leaving Omar to learn how to dance from Rose, she walked over to where Thorin stood, leaning against the wall with one hand on his belt and the other holding a mug of ale, once again abandoned of all thought.

"Hello Handsome," Sara said, using her favorite line from Gabriel's Inferno, "Are you not going to dance?"

Thorin had already told her "no" earlier but from the way she was gazing at him from under her long lashes, he couldn't stop himself from answering.

"No,"

Sara smiled, "Well in that case I am going on a walk. It is getting warm in here."

With that, she leant forward and planted a kiss on the edge of Thorin's lips, purposely missing most of his mouth.

Thorin instinctively leant forward to capture her lips but Sara swerved out of the way before smiling and waving as she grabbed her cloak and headed towards the door. Thorin watched her go before he felt dozens of eyes on him and turned to see that across the hall, the company were all smirking and giving him signals of all sorts to follow the girl.

Thorin went to take a chug of ale but hesitated and instead slammed the mug on a nearby table as if to give himself confidence. With no one but the obnoxious company watching with cat like stares, Thorin stormed after Sara, not caring that he forgot his cloak.

When he found Sara, she had entered the room that Rose and Deke had leant them for the night. She had left the door open as she dropped her cloak to the floor.

"How come you do not wish to dance?" she asked, not turning around.

Thorin sighed, "I never learnt how to," he admitted as he closed the door behind him.

Sara turned to him and held out her hand, "Dance with me?"

Thorin froze, all the times she had asked him to dance, she never asked him to dance with her and he realized she had been waiting for him to ask, she had just been hinting at it. Approaching her, Thorin took her hand, letting her take the lead. Sara gripped his hand before grasping his left hand and placed it on her waist. Thorin immediately held her close as he placed her left hand on his shoulder and began to slowly sway to the lack of music.

This felt so much more different from earlier. Other than holding hands and kissing during the ceremony, Thorin had not been this close to Sara all night and he liked it. she was flush against him, her hand slipping around his neck and her cheek pressed against his shoulder. he wrapped his arm further around her back before pressing a kiss to her bare shoulder.