There were cheers at the table before Dwalin replied, "And what did the dwarves of the iron hills say? Is Dain with us?"

Sara didn't even have to look at Thorin to know he had put his spoon down, had taken a deep breath and the smile on his face had faded, "They will not come."

There were groans from the table.

"They say this quest is ours and ours alone."

Sara had a deep temptation to raise her finger and point at Bilbo, knowing full well exactly when the hobbit spoke up but that would give away her secret.

"You're going on a quest?" Bilbo inquired.

There was silence at the table when Gandalf spoke, "Bilbo, my dear fellow, could we have a little more light?"

Bilbo headed off to get a candle while Gandalf pulled out a map.

"Far to the east, over ranges and rivers, beyond woodlands and wastelands lies a single solitary peak," Gandalf remarked.

"The lonely mountain," Bilbo read.

"Erabor," Sara whispered, having not meant to say it aloud.

All eyes turned to her and she realized their attention was on her. She smacked herself inwardly for not guarding her words more carefully. Everyone was looking at her curiously or surprised but Thorin was glowering with suspicion. Oh perfect!

"The ravens have been seen flying back to the mountain as it was foretold," Oin remarked, interrupting everyone's surprise, "When the birds of Yohol return to Erabor, the rein of the beast will end."

" Uh, What beast?" Bilbo asked, spinning around at the mention of a beast.

" Well that would be a reference to Smaug the Terrible, chiefest and greatest calamity of our age." Bofur remarked, not catching on that Gandalf was signaling him to stop. " Airborne firebreather, teeth like razors, claws like meathooks, extremely fond of precious metals."

" Yes, I know what a dragon is." Bilbo remarked, kind of annoyed that they thought him to be thick headed.

"I"m not afraid! I'm up for it!" Ori said, jumping to his feet. "I'll give him a taste of dwarfish iron right up his jacksie!"

As the other dwarves began to agree with him, Sara felt a cold pair of eyes on her and turned to see Thorin watching her, frowning in confusion. Sara suddenly realized in fright that she had turned towards Ori even before the dwarf had gotten to his feet and wasn't surprised by his outburst unlike the others who jumped slightly. Uh oh.

" The task would be difficult enough with an army behind us. But we number just thirteen, and not thirteen of the best, nor brightest." Balin observed, breaking the staring contest between Thorin and Sara.

Sara cursed herself inwardly for not faking surprise when Fili's hand made contact with the table, startling Kili who jumped slightly.

"We may be few in number, but we're fighters, all of us, to the last Dwarf!" Fili exclaimed, turning to nod at Thorin who smiled and nodded back at his nephew. However, his uncle's eyes averted back to the girl who sat on Kili's other side who wasn't in the least bit surprised by Fili's outburst and when Kili began to talk, she wasn't startled either.... What was up with her?

" And you forget, we have a wizard in our company. Gandalf will have killed hundreds of dragons in his time." Kili remarked, getting a little over excited.

" Oh,well, now, uh, I-I-I wouldn't say that, I--" Gandalf stuttered, realizing that everyone was looking at him in awe now but Sara just smirked.

" How many, then?" Dori inquired.