37.Unexpected guest

Warisha's POV

It's been a week of us coming here and Alhamdulillah, everything's going great. Every morning,after breakfast he goes to his work and me to my college. I come back at the afternoon,then I sometimes take rest or sometimes I go spend time with Ayesha bhabi and Niha. After Maghrib,he comes back. Then studying,cooking. It's amazing how he helps me with this,he knows a lot about cooking and stuff. Then dinner and sleep. And occasional silly arguments. Over all,things are going great.

I was waiting for him to come back after Asr,watching TV. The bell rang. I got up and walked towards the door. He's quite early today.

As I opened the door,there was a middle aged woman standing,smiling at me. And what I noticed most was her green eyes.

"Uh...Assalamualaikum." I greeted her,not sure who she is. I don't remember him telling me about any relative.

"Walaikumassalam. Are you Warisha?"

"Yes. May I know who you are?" I asked,trying not to sound rude.

"I'm Zayans mother." She said and I got stunned for a moment. What did she say?

"Zayans...mom?" My eyes were dying to pop out of socket.

"Yes. I wanted to meet you." She said,shifting her weight on her left leg. And then I noticed the walking stick on her hand.

What should I do now? Should I let her come in?

"No need to talk to me if you don't want to." She sighed,holding her stick tightly.

"I think you should come inside." I noticed her discomfort. I know it's weird but making someone wait outside the door is not appropriate.

"Thank you." We went inside and sat in the living room. It's so weird. Thousands of questions and doubts were wrecking havoc in my mind.

Why is she here? What does she want from me? How did she know about my address? Who told her about me?

"Umm..so..." I was confused what to say.

"I know you're wondering why I'm here. But I promise, I don't have any evil intention. I..just want to talk to you. I won't take too much time."

"About?"

"About Zayan."

Even his name made me feel anxious. I really don't want to talk about him.

"I'm sorry but what about him?"

"Everything." She mumbles.

"But...don't take it otherwise but I don't understand what's the need of this?"

"I know that's weird,my visit after all these days. But please. I request you to give me some time." She said as I nodded,still not completely sure.

"Zayan is my one and only son. Before him,I had a daughter who died in Pneumonia when she was just a month old. After her death, I was completely depressed. I was praying to Allah to gift me another child because her memories were haunting me,I had to forget that. After two years,I was blessed with Zayan. His father and I,both of us were over the moon to get him. I was so possessive about him,his any cry would make my heart ache." She was saying all these dreamily, with a slight smile.

Is she here to tell me his history?

"In childhood,my Zayan was everything that any parents would ask for. He was sweet,well behaved,talented, he used to come first in every exam. Even in sports,he was unbeatable. We used to take pride on him. We never used to say no to any of his desire,we gave him everything he wanted. And that is how we ourselves wrote his ruination." She sighed.