56. Keeping them close to heart

Alyans POV

"Why did you cry so much even though I promised you that I'll meet you today?" I glared playfully at my daughter who was looking attentively at me, sitting on my stomach as if it were her throne.

"Now see, you made her so sad."

"Aooooi..." She stuffed her finger in her mouth which I pulled out.

"No, it's not aooi. You should say sorry to your mother." I leaned back a bit as she was trying to snatch my glasses. I held both of her hands tightly, continuing our conversation.

"Now tell me, how can we make her happy again? Would've you wanted to miss the preparations of your brother's wedding? I know you don't have any brother, but you can have one in the future. Now imagine yourself in her situation." I said.

"Eeeeh..." She whined, trying to free her hands. As I let her go, she just got busy with the button of my shirt, trying to tear it away.

Who was I even talking to!

"Alyan, come and have breakfast." Warisha came in the room. Keeping the pile of Anabias clothes on the bed, she came beside us to take Anabias bottle when I held her hand.

"What?" She looked at me, confused.

"Anabia says sorry."

"You mean?"

"She apologised to you for whatever she did last night. Right?" I looked at Anabia who was still busy unraveling the mystery of buttons getting stuck with shirt.

"Alyan..." She tried to loosen my grip.

"And she said she won't do it again. Look, she's even nodding." I said, making Anabia nod a bit. Obviously she didn't do it on purpose, I did it.

"Alyan, you're getting late. Stop this and come down for breakfast." She pulled her hand back. Giving us a last glance, she walked out.

"Thanks to you, now she's not even talking to me properly." I looked at my daughter who giggled adorably.

"Awwwwa heee..."

What is she even cackling about?

"Let's go to your fuppi" I got up with her. I handed her over to Salwa, in the dining room. She sat on Salwas lap, trying to take part in breakfast. I also sat to have breakfast.

Warisha came out from the kitchen and went towards our room with a sullen expression.

"What did you do?" Abbu asked me.

"What did I do?"

"Then why is she sad?"

"Ask your granddaughter, I didn't do anything." I frowned.

Why do they always think I did something? Am I the only villain in her life?

"What did you do?" He asked to Anabia who looked up at him, trying to chew the side of a bread which she snatched from Salwa in jet speed with her tiger claws. She blinked few times before her focus went on the glass beside her. In a second, she reached for it, making the glass full of water fall on the table.

"Yeee ahah..." She slapped her palms on the table, splashing water all around. Her happy giggle filled the room.

"No...you're so naughty...Anabia stop!" Salwa tried to control the happy and messy baby.

I sighed and focused on my breakfast.

Finishing my breakfast, I went to our room.

Warisha was folding Anabias clothe beside the bed. Her phone was ringing which she ignored, deliberately. Slowly tiptoeing, I went and poked on her stomach.