• 14 •

Karan had taken up the responsibility of cooking dinner. He had frequently come across posts on Instagram and elsewhere onto he social media, that women loved to be pampered and loved it when their guy cooked. So here he was chopping all the vegetables for making manchurian and fried rice. He had been in the kitchen for almost an hour now. 

They had a nice late afternoon nap after returning home. Karan was just so happy being around her. He looked up when heard her her footsteps. She had changed into a summer frock that had tie up straps. It took a lot of man power to not be tempted. She had apparently bought the dress when she had gone out with her friend Tina the other evening.  He had no problem with the dress. But he did have a problem with the fact that he couldn't untie those tie up shoulder straps and see what happens next. 

Aditi sat up on the counter a little distance away. "Do you think your dinner will be ready by tomorrow night?" She teased.

"Aditi! You should be encouraging not taunting. Anyway tell me what did Ruchi call you for." He asked referring to her younger sister Ruchika. 

"She needed some cash." Aditi said thoughtfully.

"For?" He asked looking up at her.

"She said there was this workshop she wanted to be a part of. Some forensic science thing." Aditi answered looking up at him.

"Why are you worried?" He asked.

"I don't know... fifteen thousand is a little too expensive for a workshop. Besides, she asked for 10K last month. That was for some conference. I mean... I am happy that she's building her career well. And I am glad, she is asking me instead of maa or Paa. But I don't know...I just hope she's doing the right thing with that money."

"Listen. You need to trut her, alright? It's wonderful that you're being concerned about her, but just trust her okay, she's mature and smart."

Aditi looked unconvinced.

"Okay, I will call her and talk to her... not today...but definitely once I get back home. Okay? And yes, I am not going to tell you if she restricts me. But you know you can count on my judgment."

"Okay..." Aditi gave a small smile. 

"I think you can do better than that!" He quipped.

Aditi's smile widened, but didn't quite reach her eyes. "I don't want you to leave." She said softly not breaking their eye lock.

He walked up to her and stood between her knees. "I don't want to go too." He confessed softly.

She leaned closer and he cupped her face and met her lips for a seizing kiss. 

Aditi loved how soft he felt against her mouth. Her body tingled at the feel of his frame leaning on hers as his hands caressed her cheek. He was definitely becoming an addiction, one that she wished never faded. He somehow managed to invade all her senses and enslave them. She relaxed and responded with a need of her own. 

He loved how her plams went from caressing his arms to his chest. She loved how she used her palms to touch him everywhere. He loved how she gave him attention, love and made him happy. He could do this forever. 

The sounds of their kissing filled the silence between them, as they parted occasionally and joined their lips again, synchronized to each other's breathing. 

Minutes rolled one after the other. They just couldn't get enough of each other. Finally, Karan rested his forehead against hers to stop their kissing. She smiled breathing heavily. He smiled. They had never really kissed for that long. It always went on to become something else, something more needy.