• 27 •

Aditi gave the room one last look. She had never done something so ridiculous before. She had found some unused decorations in the other room, that were probably meant to decorate the room of the newly weds or for the ring ceremony in the evening. She had quietly picked them up and took it up to the room on the seventh floor that was booked for her and Karan.

In the middle of the bed, she had stationed the pink heart shaped cardboard, against the cushion, which read ' I love you, Karan'. On the backdrop against the bed, she had put up fairy lights.

Aditi bit her lower lip. Maybe this was a little overboard. She recollected her birthday which Karan had made so special and one of a kind. She smiled. This was nothing before that. She then picked up the heart shaped sticky notes she had found. She had written some cheesy lines on each. She randomly stuck them up at places in the room.

Knowing Karan he'd probably want to have a quick shower and change before meeting everyone downstairs, at the event. She set out a bathrobe on the bed. Once done, she stepped out of the room and locked it.

The poolside was decorated beautifully. With flower petals all over. Ladies were dancing, clicking pictures, getting mehndi design done on their hands, some eating. She saw Ruchi sitting on the white mattress with a few of their cousins around as she got henna patterns done on her hands. Her gaze moved around the room to look for mother. She wondered where her mother had busied herself.

She decided to walk to the other side of the pool where the food was arranged. Where was Karan! She was super hungry already. It happened too suddenly. She was walking past the narrow pathway when a hand grabbed her. She was about to scream, but the hand on her mouth was too tight. She was spun around and her fear evaporated as her eyes met her husband's.

She widened her eyes, hitting his wrist. He took his palm of her mouth, frantically shaking his hand.

"What's wrong with you!" She snapped.

"Well, I thought it would be more romantic but then you opened your mouth so wide that I was sure you would beat the music and we would have the attention of everybody." He said with a sheepish smile, caressing his wrist where she had whacked him.

If people could literally have heart eyes like the emoji, she'd have them right now. She threw her arms around his waist. He smiled, managing to be unaffected by the impact of the force with which she was against him. His arms went around her. She hugged him tight, resting her face against his left shoulder. He closed his eyes, placing his chin on her head. This, this was what he missed most — bone crushing hugs.

They silently held onto each other, lost in each other's presence, in that moment. It was a heartfelt welcome. It was as though all that existed in time and space, was them. A minute rolled by and Aditi slowly withdrew her hands.

She smiled, the color of love shading her cheeks as his gaze looked at her.

"No I-missed-you?" He mumbled softly, his hands on her waist. His face inching closer to hers.

"Karan, there are people around." She said cautiously, quickly looking around.

"Jeez, we're married. Anyway, I am super hungry!"

"Me too!" Aditi exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.

"Let's go eat?" He suggested.

"You don't want to freshen up or change?" she quizzed, her gaze finally moving away from his face, down to his black tee.

"Oh, I definitely want to." He muttered.

"Okay, let me grab something snack on and we'll move to our room." She suggested.