• 18 •

Aditi's day was quite eventful. Her manager had officially wished her on the team group. As a result of which throughout the day until the afternoon occasionally a team member would drop by and ask her plans. She had to repeat the same thing that there wasn't any plan as such. 

It was when Aditi was wrapping up for the day that Tina asked her to accompany her for coffee and some snacks. Aditi agreed deciding to treat herself with some cupcakes. However, she was in for a surprise when most of her team was at the cafeteria waiting for a with a huge chocolate cake at the center of the table.

She smiled, feeling a little out of place. She wasn't much of a people person. Her vibrating phone drew her attention momentarily. 

Karan

She quickly selected the quick message option instead of picking up the call. Her phone autimatically sent him a text message "Busy." She smiled as the others formally thanking them all. 

An hour rolled by, first the cake cutting, then snacks and coffee. Aditi felt awkward to leave when they all were talking about birthdays and planning team activites like team lunches and get togethers. She quickly picked up her phone and typed a message.

Sorry, will reach home by seven-thirty eight.

Karan :

No worries. :)

She smiled looking at the screen. Every time she read messages from him, she could totally hear him say those words. She couldn't wait to get home and actually spend time with him.

* * *

"You really had to make me set up this laptop, I could use my phone!" Aditi spoke, tying up her hair as she looked at him on the screen.

"You'd get tried holding the phone up. This is better." He answered smiling. "How was your day?"

"Don't ask!" She muttered, sitting back on the chair. 

"Why?"

"I hate it when people —I barely know, personally wish me on my Birthday and still more when they ask — 'what plans for today?' I mean can't they just leave me alone?"

He chuckled, "consider putting in a leave on your next Birthday."

"Good idea." She remarked, and then narrated how the entire day her colleagues kept wishing her, and then about the mini celebration her team held for her. "How was your day?" She asked.

"Same old, boring!" He said, sipping on something from a can.

"What are you drinking?" She asked suspiciously.

"Chill, it's not beer, its coke, that to diet!" He said holding up the can to the webcam of his laptop. "Can we get started with the party?" 

Aditi grinned, "what party?" 

"Your birthday party."

"Really?"

"Okay. So Birthday Babe, don't you interrupt me now. You will find your first gift in that corner of that little home where you store your clothes."

"What! Uh, clothes? My cupboard? You left a gift for me!" She grinned. "I will be back!"

Aditi ran to the room and after a good two minutes of searching her cupboard found a gift wrapped box hiding behind her blazer that she barely wore. She picked it up and happily ran back to the living hall to show him that she found the gift.