• 34 •

"I think, it's her story to tell." Karan said thoughtfully as they lay on the bed together.

"Hmm,"

"You aren't convinced?" He asked, looking at the ceiling. 

"I am just unsure. I don't want to hurt Maa and Papa in anyway. I mean, tomorrow if they ask me why I didn't tell the, if I knew what's been happening ..."

"Like I said, Adu, it's not your story to tell. Ruchi is an adult. She needs to take responsibilities of her actions. And she'll eventually do that, when she is ready. If you tell your parents now... she may not like that."

"Hmm,"

"What's bothering you?" He asked glancing at her this time.

"I just feel hurt."

"Why? Because of what she said?" He asked propelling his head up and resting it on his plam, as he turned to look at her.

"Yeah, anyway we should start getting ready or we'll be late for the function." Saying that Aditi sat up. No sooner than she did than his hand held her wrist. She glanced at him, as he sat up beside her. 

"Say it,"

Aditi stared at him, and them managed a smile. "I am okay!" Saying that she got off the bed. Karan watched her as she took her clothes and walked into the washroom.

* * *

Karan had been with the other men who were all having a merry time with refreshments being served downstairs. Women took an awful amount of time to get ready for occasions. The men, all ready for the evening, were enjoying themselves, trying their hands at the games in the recreate hall.

Karan laughed as one of Aditi's uncles cracked a joke about football as they played Foosball that he had just taught a group of them. He had to literally say he had to make a work call to escape. They'd all laugh or make unnecessary witty remarks if he told them he wanted to go check on his wife. He wasn't a 'joru-ka-gulaam' kind of husband but they would easily tag him that. He had a reputation at stake.

He headed to the room to check on Aditi. She took, an almost minute to open up the door. Shutting the door, he stepped in. His gaze fell on his wife who had now wrapped up the deep marron saree. Her hair haphazardly put up in an unimpressive bun. "Hey!" She said walking back to the dressing table. The revealing blouse had him hitch in a breath. His body was most definitely having a raging hormones weather.

His gaze followed her in and soon his steps. He sat on the bed and just watched her. She seemed a little indecisive. She was leaning forward at the dressing table, opening lipsticks and then closing them. Karan's disobedient gaze, checked out her figure from behind. She looked extra gorgeous in a saree. Although, all he could think of was how satisfying it would be to unwrap that long piece of cloth from around her waist. His eyes drifted back to the mesh network on her back. The last time he saw her in something like that was at one of the poojas they had a month after their wedding. 

Aditi was surprised when he didn't talk. She wasn't in a good mood. Firstly, the entire Ruchi episode had her angry. To add to that her sweeter than sugar mother-in-law would be gracing the occasion with her presence. Then there was the realization that in two days she had to go back to her temporary normal. And, finally, she hated how she looked, she had definitely put on and it was reflecting in how the blouses felt tighter than ever. And her hair just wouldn't look nice.

She turned to look at him. "Karan?"

"Yeah," He uttered meeting her eyes.

"Do I look that bad that you haven't even said a word?"