18 - Vacation and Food *

Contains: Emily eating the reader out.

Emily booked the flights to New York for a month later. It gave me enough time to book a few days off work.

She helped me to pack my back and we were currently on the plane.

—————

"Just remind me what hotel we're staying in?" I had been using my finger to draw patterns on the back of Emily's hand for the entire flight. I disliked flying at the best of times but it wasn't as bad this time. My girlfriend was keeping me grounded.

"The Ritz-Carlton. How does that sound?" I smiled and gripped Emily's hand as there was a little turbulence.

"Good. I've always wanted to go. Thank you for bringing me to New York Emily. I love you". Emily squeezed my hand as an act of reassurance that I was okay.

"I love you too Sweet Girl. Are you ready to land?" Emily's thumb started to rub across my knuckles. She could sense that I was getting nervous when the plane started to descend and I appreciated her looking out for me.

"Yeah. I'm good. Don't worry about it". I kissed Emily's cheek and put the seat belt back on. For the whole descent of the flight Emily held my hand and made sure I was okay. She's probably the best girlfriend I've ever had, not that there's much competition.

My ears popped when the plane landed. I don't think I'd ever get used to that feeling. We waited for everyone else to get off the plane and then we stepped off. I always made sure to be one of the last people to leave, because even though I hated being on a plane being in a large crowd of people in such a small space was never fun. Everyone pushing and trying to get past each other, not for me. So, I always waited until the majority of the passengers had left.

Thankfully Emily was very understanding about my dislike for planes and she didn't question me when I asked if we could wait and be the last ones off, or when I stood out of the way at baggage claim. Waiting a few extra minutes didn't bother me. I was a fairly patient person.

Emily insisted on pulling my suitcase to the cab and loading it into the back. I knew that I could take care of myself and she knew that too but it was nice to just let her do what she wanted. I wasn't going to argue with her.

—————

As we sat in the back of the cab, Emily held my hand and pointed at some of the buildings with an explanation for each. She said that she'd travelled a lot when she was younger and one of the first places she'd been to without her parents was New York. She said it was one of the best things she'd ever done because despite having been to so many countries and cities, she's never had a chance to explore them all like she'd wished.

The drive to the hotel was roughly an hour and myself and Emily talked about everything and nothing as we waited in traffic. She somehow always managed to bring a smile to my face and that was one of the more beautiful things about our relationship.

—————

While Emily paid the cab driver, I grabbed our suitcases and dragged them to the doors of the hotel. Emily's hand rested on my lower back as she guided me to the front desk where we could check in. She spoke to the person behind the desk while I took in my surroundings. It was so pretty and I couldn't believe that my girlfriend had decided to bring me here.

We stepped into the elevator and as soon as the doors closed I turned to face Emily. "We're at the Ritz, in New York. I can't believe you've brought me here. This is insane Em". She smiled at me, obviously expecting this reaction.