6 - Starting Off The Date

(I'll put pictures at the end of the things Emily is having delivered to our apartment)

It had been a few days since Emily asked me out on a date and I was getting nervous every time I thought about it. We still hadn't planned it out or set a date and time but the thought of dating Emily made me extremely nervous and I couldn't explain why.

Whenever Emily had messaged me or called me in the last couple of days my heart seemed to beat a little faster and I had butterflies. Shit. I'm catching feelings, aren't I? I mean she's beautiful and kind, and caring, and perfect.

Fuck.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone buzzing with a text message from the one and only Emily Prentiss. I tried not to be too eager to answer her but my curiosity and impatience got the better of me.

—————

from Emily Prentiss: Hey Beautiful. Is it okay if I pick you up at 7pm for our date on Friday?

from Me: Hi! Yes. That sounds good. Can I ask where we're going?

from Emily Prentiss: You can ask Angel but I won't tell you, because it's a surprise.

from Me: Can you at least tell me what I should wear or do I just wear sweat pants? ;)

from Emily Prentiss: Just wearing sweatpants? I'd love to see what you have to offer Sweet Girl ;) but I'll have an outfit delivered to your apartment. Don't worry about it.

from Me: That sounds very fancy Miss Prentiss.

from Emily Prentiss: Not particularly fancy Angel. I just saw something that would look phenomenal on you. Also, don't call me that.

from Me: Thank you. You don't have to do that. I can find something for myself. Why not? You don't like it? :(

from Emily Prentiss: I know I don't have to, I want to. I like it a lot Baby. Don't test me.

from Me: You're too kind. Yes Ma'am. I'll be good :)

from Emily Prentiss: I have no words. Brat. Enjoy the rest of your day. I'll see you on Friday.

—————

I looked at the date on my phone and saw it was only Tuesday. Friday was ages away. I added 'Date with Emily' to my calendar and scheduled it to remind me at 5pm on Friday so that I had enough time to get ready.

In the mean time, my priority was work so that's what I did. Every morning I would wake up to a text message from Emily and I would go to bed every night after a phone call with Emily.

Somehow she had managed to fix my sleep schedule without much effort. I wanted to follow her orders which was weird for me because I'm usually the biggest brat you could meet.

—————

When I got to my apartment block after work on Wednesday there was a delivery waiting for me. I took all of the boxes up to my apartment which was a struggle.

It made sense to open the smallest box first so that's what I did. Inside was a silver clutch bag and a handwritten note.

"Sweet Girl. These are presents for our date. I hope you wear them. You don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable. I look forward to seeing you later, Em".