Chapter 2 - Friends & Enemies

Start from the beginning

"I'm surprisingly enjoying it," I grin at her, "At first I was mad because I didn't want to leave my friends but its nice here."

"Oh there are lots of adventures here, trust me." Stefan added. We all shared stories and jokes around for a while until Stefan's face went pale cold when a certain someone entered the place, Klaus.

"I'll be right back," He said before he completely disappeared. The next I knew was that he was staring Klaus down. By the looks of it, I think he was telling him to leave.

"What has Klaus done that's made you guys hate on him?" I ask, turning back to Elena.

Elena refused to be honest with me. "His just dangerous, just stay away from him." I may be new, but I'm not stupid. I frowned at her and excused myself. Stefan saw me heading outside and was about to follow me and I signaled him not to.

Outside, there was more people than I thought. At first this town seemed so small, but really its not. I started walking to the park when I felt existence behind me. I turned around and saw Damon.

"Ugh, can't you take a hint." I scoff, avoiding eye contact.

"No, sweetheart. Now listen up.." he once again looks straight into my eyes.

"What are you-"

"I'm sick of Stefan pretending to be this 'good person' so I want you to grab a knife from the kitchen & stab yourself in front of him." he orders.

"Okay,"

"And you won't stop until he drinks your blood"

"I won't give up,"

"Even if he kills-" Damon was suddenly pushed to the ground, It was Klaus.

I really wanted to stay and ask questions but I had the urge to go back into 'The Grill'. I started heading back when Klaus appeared in front of me.

"How did you-"

"Shh.." his fingers touched my lips & he looked straight into my eyes. "Close your eyes"

I did what I was told and when I opened my eyes again, I was back in my bed. What? I don't remember anything, except when I walked out on Elena..which was at 'The Grill'. This makes no sense. Did I have a blackout?

Then my mom came into my room with a tray full of chocolate-chip cookies & hot chocolate. "How are you feeling sweetie?" she sits the tray on my bedside table and she sits in the edge of my bed.

"I feel fine, why what happened?" I ask, completely confused.

"You blacked out sweetie. Stefan found you and took you home."

Stefan? "Oh."

How come a little part of me wanted my saviour to be Klaus?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following day, I headed to school even though my mom told me to take the day off. I found Elena and Bonnie talking by the lockers. I was about to head the other direction, then Elena spotted me and called out my name. I rolled my eyes and looked back.

"I'm sorry Caroline." she begged, "I wish you I could tell you, but I think telling you would put you in even more danger."

"And how can you be sure if you won't even tell me?" I snap. I looked over Elena's shoulder and saw Bonnie avoiding eye contact with me. I'm pretty sure she knew too. "Fine, you guys want to keep your secrets? Thats your problem. I'm out of here."

I was about to make a dramatic exit when Bonnie grabbed my arm. "Were trying yo protect you Care," she explains, "How about we have a sleepover at Elena's tonight?" I was still not convinced, "...And we'll explain"

Elena's face lights up and she claps her hands. As much as I hate dodging subjects, I felt pretty excited too. "Okay, fine." I smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night turned out to be more fun that I hoped. Elena & Bonnie are so much fun to hang out with. We cooked all sorts of food and watched so many horror movies & we even had a pillow fight. Though, Elena's brother Jeremy kept getting annoyed with us. But I think he had a little crush on Bonnie cause he would blush every time they talked.

"Caroline!" Elena says excitedly. We were waiting for the pizza to be finished and we were all crowding around the kitchen bench, talking. "I want to give you this necklace. Bonnie and I have the same one & since your one of us now, here." she grins as I take the necklace off her hands and put it on me.

By now the time was 1am & we were watching a romance movie. I wasn't really into these type of movies, so I guess you can say I was bored out of my mind. Elena was sitting on the floor and I was above her on the couch braiding her hair. Bonnie was on the other side of the couch eating popcorn.

"Bonnie?" I whispered. Elena looked up as well and Bonnie replied. "Yeah,"

"When are you going to explain things to me?" I say. Elena leans forward, freeing my legs, so i pull them up on the couch and cross them, hoping for a really interesting story.

"Care, Its difficult to explain.." Bonnie sighs. Okay, I'm just about sick of all these secrets.

Instead of snapping at them, I ran upstairs to get my stuff. They both followed me of course. "Caroline, just stop okay? We'll talk about this in the morning." Elena says, trying to calm me down.

"Elena, I'm sick of this. I don't want to be friends with people who keep secrets." I say and then I headed back downstairs with my stuff. I opened the door and ran outside. I was about to head to my car when someone grabbed me from behind, causing me to black out.