Chapter 9 - Falling Hard

I couldn't quite put my finger on it. What did Klaus see in me, that I didn't even see myself. I look up at the night sky just playing his voice over & over again in my head.

'Mark my word Caroline...'

I drop my head gloomily, wishing that he never left. I wish he would of stayed & convinced me to come with him..I wish that I wasn't so stubborn.

In the distance I spot a house burning up in flames. Within a jolt I was in front of it, The Mikaelson's. I start to panic & grab a hose nearby & start spraying it down. I was almost succeeding when Stefan & Damon pin me down to the ground.

"What the hell do you think you're doing??!!" Damon exclaims, letting me go.

"You can't just burn down someone's house!!" I snap back, pushing both of them away.

"Trust us Caroline," Stefan interrupted, "If they don't have a house to live in, That'll push them even further away from Mystic Falls."

"And what?" I blurt out, "You just expect them to magically leave just cause they don't have shelter?!"

"No of course not I-" Stefan's focus suddenly differs, "Where is Elena?" he furrows his eyebrows.

Damon glares at me & then grabs me by the shoulders, "You were suppose to keep her safe!" he hissed.

"Kol-" I stutter, "He took her."

"Aghh," Stefan growled & flashed out. Damon glanced at me once more before grabbing onto my arm and forcing me to follow his lead.

"You've done enough damage in one day." he says angrily, "You're gonna stay with me from now on."

I jerk his hand away and step away from him, "You're not the boss of me!" I hissed.

"Well you're acting like a lost puppy when it comes to Klaus," Damon hissed back, "Its like.." he drifts off, "Wait, are you-?"

I watch his intense eyes, waiting for my answer. His was definitely onto me. "I don't know what you're talking about!" I grunted.

"I hate him." Lies.

"I hate his family," ..and more.

"I think his a disgusting piece of creature that deserves to rot in hell for all I care.."and the lies just keep spilling.

I glanced back at Damon who seemed impressed by my rant towards his enemy.

"Well if thats what you really think of me.." Klaus spoke from behind me.

I slowly turned around and saw him with his hands behind his back & his eyes full of hurt & betrayed by what I just spat out about him.

"Klaus.." I breathed. Our eyes connected in a way it never has before. The feeling came back, that feeling I always get when his around. My eyes cried an apology after what I said behind his back. He ignored my call & his eyes went cold.

Within a second he disappeared from his position & was behind Damon, ready to snap his neck.

"Klaus No!!" I cried out, my hands reaching out to them.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't rip you're head off right now." Klaus growls at Damon.

"Because.." Damon squeaked. Klaus loosened his grip a bit and let Damon speak. "If you kill me now, Caroline will never forgive you.."

Why would he care If I forgave him or not. It's not like he actually cares about me. Klaus glanced up at me & then back down at Damon tightening his grip once again. "That means nothing to me." he hissed, ready to end his life. Ouch.