Chapter 10 - The Beginning of The End

I follow Klaus outside after constantly repeating to my friends that I'll be alright & not to worry. Though I was sure going to miss them.

"You're friends really seem to care about you." He comments as we both cross the roads into the car park.

"It's because I'm loving & nice.." I unlock my car, "not evil & twisted." I finish my sentence, giving him a 'look'.

He gives me a smug look before grabbing all my suitcases at once. Is it wrong that I find that sexy?

"Being evil & twisted is how you get far in life, love," he replies as I follow him once more.

"But it gets you no where when it comes to friends.." I spoke softly, "..and family."

He sighed, stopping both of us & he turned to face me. "I'm not going to force you to leave town with me if that's not what you wish to do. So I will ask you again," he says, gloomily. He drops his head, loosing our connection & then looks up again.

Okay, I didn't expect this. How can he be so evil yet so sweet.

"I-" I stutter, not knowing what to say. "Yes. I do want to go." I gulp, shutting my eyes shut.

"You mean it?" his voices deepens, as he touches my shoulder.

As much as I would love to stay in Mystic Falls with all my friends & family.. I, for once in my life, wanted to do something for myself. I wanted to be selfish. I wanted him all to myself.

"Of course." I nod, smiling at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- 3 hours later -

I cannot actually believe that I'm on a private jet heading to London. I happily look out my window just as Klaus sits next to me.

"Who'd you have to compel to get this plane?" I roll my eyes, my stubbornness taking over me.

"Easy, love." he chirps, handing me a glass of champagne. As I grab the glass off him, our fingers slightly touch causing the butterflies in my stomach to go off like a bomb. "Lets not ruin a beautiful moment."

He holds up the glass and as do I. "Cheers," Our glass touches and we both take a sip.

"So it's just going to be us two for 5 months?" I ask. I could feel my cheeks brightening red as he smirks at me once again.

"Of course not,"

I drop my shoulders, slightly disappointed. He sees my actions & he tilts my head slightly up so our eyes are connected.

"Is that what you wanted?" he asks me, his voice serious as ever.

"Ah-" I'm lost in words, I'm drowning in his sea blue eyes. "Uh- no. I just-"

He chuckles at my fail attempt to reply. He drops his arms & turns slightly so our eyes cannot be connected. Why must he do this to me.

"My sister Rebekah will soon be joining us." Klaus states, "As well as my brother Kol."

I nod in agreement, "What about Elijah?"

"Elijah will be staying at Mystic Falls..to keep an eye on the place."

"You still don't trust me?" I quickly add.

"When you've been around for thousands of years, without anyone by your side.. You learn a thing or two about who & when to trust somebody." he explains, his voice once again deepening making me get lost in my thoughts.

I nod slowly, not question him one bit. I can understand why he was trust issues, I guess we all do but his is much deeper. I beginning to understand this man sitting across from me. I'm beginning to see that maybe all he really needs is somebody by his side, someone to love him like my parents and friends love me.