Chapter 33 - Slowly Falling

I waited patiently for Rebekah to continue but when no words came out of her mouth I got impatient, "Rebekah what happened?!!" I cried.

"Well- uh-" Rebekah tried to explain but she burst into tears. All the time I've known Rebekah, I've never seen her cry this much. "I-its Klaus- he his gone.."

I dropped what ever it was in my hand & gasped. She is joking because Klaus is immortal. He can't be killed because his the first vampire/ werewolf & that is just impossible. "N-no" i stuttered. I started to stumble backwards as I try to snap back into reality.

"I-Its true.. Elijah just told me that some witch had a piece of the white oak stake & stabbed him." she cries. Rebekah then somehow loses her balance and falls onto the couch.

As for me I couldn't take this news anymore, this was a dream. I ran out to the back patio & collapsed on one of the benches. This isn't happening. This is not real, wake up Caroline!

H-he is gone?

Klaus is gone! His gone forever! He just left me, his not suppose to leave! He promised to protect this baby & me!! This isn't fair!

"God!!!" I shouted, "What did I do to deserve this?!!" I cried. By this time tears poured out of my eyes like it was a tap. "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM AWAY WHEN I NEEDED HIM MOST!" I shouted on the top of my lungs.

I stumbled up & started throwing the pots & flowers that were on the patio. His not gone! He can't be gone!! Elena came rushing to me & forced me to drop a flower pot. "Let me go Elena!" I screamed.

"Just calm down Caroline!" Elena says quietly. "Its gonna be fine.." she soothed me into an embrace & I collapsed into her arms.

She sat me down on the ground, still not letting go of me, "Why is this happening Elena?" I sobbed. I held her tightly & she did the same.

"Its okay, its okay.." she slowly caressed my hair, "Its all going to be okay.."

Elena & i sat on the ground for the next 20 minutes. The only words she said to me were 'its okay', to be honest I'm not really sure how it calmed me but it did. I sobbed and sobbed, I just couldn't stop. I felt Elena's shirt already damped with my tears but I'm sure she didn't care.

Af few minutes afterwards Kol & Bonnie walked out into the patio, "Oh no Caroline.." Bonnie whispers loudly & quickly joins the embrace.

Kol just stood their awkwardly playing with his fingers. He seemed to be taking this news just fine... "His not gone Caroline, he will always be there with you. Just remember that.." Kol says calmly.

I gave him a weak smile, "Thank you Kol." I said. "W-when will Elijah be back?" I asked Bonnie.

"He told Rebekah that he will be back in a few days..." Bonnie replies.

"With h-his b-b-body?" I held in my tears. I was afraid to even see his lifeless body in front of me because I would truly know that he was gone.

"Uh yeah."

I nodded slowly & stood up as both Elena & Bonnie supported me. As soon as I was finally standing i let go of both their grip & straightened myself up for the worst.

"I think I need to be alone." I said softly & walked inside to where Rebekah was. She was still sitting down on the couch, letting everything that's happened sink in. I could slightly hear her repeating the words 'this is not real' over and over again. Rebekah has always been closer with Klaus, they did almost everything together.

"Rebekah?" I called her softly. I took one step towards her and stopped for a moment.

"I-i heard you.." she says, looking down. I saw tears coming from her eyes & I immediately came up to her and hugged her tightly she wouldn't return the hug but I didn't care. "This is not fair Caroline.. his gone."

"I know." I closed my eyes, letting more tears flow, "I know Rebekah..."

---------------------------------------

{4 days later}

I found myself waking up in Klaus's bed. I woke up smelling his scent, sweet & hypnotizing. Part of me wished everything that happened yesterday was just a big nightmare & unfortunately this was reality. I faced the facts, Klaus is gone. Thats when I truly realized that immortal or not, life is precious.

I got out of his bed & into the shower where Klaus's scent grew even stronger. I hopped into the shower & closed my eyes imagining the possibilities of my life without Klaus. The thing was, as hard as I tried, I couldn't. Every fantasy I imagined, Klaus was always in it. Thats when the tears started forming again. I was almost going to fall to the ground when I heard a knock on the door.

"Caroline?" It was Elena.

I quickly jumped out of. the shower & put on some casual clothes. I walked down the stairs & opened the door where I found Elena standing with Elijah.

"Caroline, I am truly sorry." Elijah says consolingly.

"Why?" I asked, "Why didn't you protect him? His your little brother Elijah?" I cried. Elijah look down at his toes, almost like he was ashamed of himself.

"It was too late." he says softly, still not making eye contact.

I looked around at his surroundings & noticed something was missing, "Where is his body?" I asked.

Elijah looked around hesitating before locking eyes with me, "I could not find his body..."

What? Then how does he know for sure that his gone? "Then who told you that his dead?" I asked confused.

"The witches told me, it was a warning. They are after us, the original family. They want to end the entire vampire population." Elijah explains.

I looked at Elena who seemed as puzzled as I am. "Hold on.." Elena started, "Damon & Stefan both came from Klaus's bloodline..."

"..So wouldn't they be dead?" I continued, finishing the question.

Elijah thought for a moment & looked around suspiciously, "I suppose your right."

"Well come on.. Theres no time to loose!" I said as I walked out the door.

"Caroline, I don't want you to get your hopes up for nothing.." Elena says, following me.

"Elena is right. For all you know The Salvatore brothers could of came from mine or Rebekah's." Elijah says, agreeing with Elena.

"But I have to take this chance!" I turn around to them, "He can't be gone." I whispered.

No matter how little this evidence was, I needed it. This little spark gave me hope again. Hope for Klaus. Hope for me. And most of all hope for our beautiful soon to be baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: holey moley! Tense right guys? Anyway..at least I ended this chapter happily? right? right? *insert cricket chirp here*

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!

Thank you thank you for reading & staying with me in this journey!

Please don't forget to VOTE &. COMMENT and possibly FAN.

xoxoxoxoxo