Chapter 22 - When You're Gone

A/N: thank you for being so patient, i've just been really busy with school & stuff. Hope this makes up for it...well..maaybe.

_____________________________

I see my teachers mouth moving but there is no audio coming from her mouth. All i hear the sound of the clock above her head ticking away, like a bomb that is about to explode. Better yet, I think i am about to explode. I hear voices from behind me, some girls gossiping about a certain person that had just walked into the room. My thoughts are broken when i turn to face who this person was, Kol. oh great..

wait, Kol? I thought he left along with Klaus?

He smirks at me before turning his attention to the teacher & then taking a seat right next to me where Stefan usually is. But as always he is on a mission with Damon & Elena. Before he could speak to me I lean over and start questioning him.

"Why are you here?" I ask, curiously.

he rolled his eyes & locked eyes with none other that Bonnie. She was sitting right in front of me & her eyes were glued to Kol's, she didn't even notice that whole class has turned their attention to them.

"Is there a problem?" the teacher interupts, clearing her throat. Bonnie turns around, bright red & looks down whilst apoligizing. I smirk & turn back to Kol. "Seriously Kol, what are you doing here?"

"We'll speak of this later." he gave me a reassuring look & paid his attention back to the board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class I followed Kol to a far off location where is was free for us to talk..you know about our situations. He took me to an alley behind the school, it is usually where teenagers go to make-out but Kol had already compelled them away. I drop my bags beside the wall and cross my arms, eye-ing Kol & his famous smirk.

"Well?" I say.

"Niklaus didn't want me to speak to you about this but he wanted me to stay and watch over you." He explained calmy.

Anger boiled over me, well more like rage. Even with him completely disappearing on the face of the earth, he still thinks i can't handle myself? Like i'm some lost puppy that needs to be looked after every single day! Kol immediately saw my reaction, I know cause he took a step back.

"Nik's words, not mine." he says, throwing his hands in the air in defeat. "Besides I quite enjoy the company here in Mystic Falls." he smirks & looks off into the distance.

Oh, why but of course. Bonnie. I sigh & roll my eyes, "Leave Bonnie alone Kol."

He titls his head to the side, playing dumb obviously. "I never mentioned Bonnie's name."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long heated argument about Kol's relationship with Bonnie, I finally gave in & let him win, well for now. But i'm pretty sure Bonnie is too smart to fall for his ways. I walk into my room & sigh in relief that I finally have some alone time. Alone, is excatly what i'm feeling right now. I've been avoiding it for a while now because I didn't want to feel it, but I miss him.

I walk to my bed and sit down, hugging one of my pillows and reaching for my phone. What I was hoping for was a phone call or even a message. But unfortunately my dreams were crushed. I haven't seen him in almost 1 week & I'm starting to get worried. Oh sure Caroline, worry about a 1000 year old original vampire..

Beep.

I grin in hopes & check my phone, it was an unknown number.

Caroline, meet me behind the Grill at 8pm.

- Katherine

I wonder what she's up to now. Sure, i haven't really spoke to her personally but i've heard rumours & not good ones. Besides how did she even get my number? ah, Katherine Pierce always up to no good. I go slide open my top drawer and pull out a bottle of vervain, hey, a girl has to be safe.

I made my way to the Grill & soon enough i spotted Katherine lurking around near the back door. As soon as she grabbed my attention, she walked outside, gesturing me to follow her. I walked out into the chilly night air and found Katherine standing there with her hands in the pockets of her jacket, watching me carefully.

"So, I'm here." I say, maybe a little to impatiently. I swear if this is some kind of trick..

"I need your help." she says forwardly. "I need to find the original family.."

My anger turned to curiousity, "Any particular reason why?"

She hesitated. "...Will you help me or not?" She crossed her arms & waited for my answer.

On one hand, I wanted to find him & I wanted to tell him that I want us to be okay again & that I can handle myself but on the other hand, I don't want to seem so desperate that I'm willing to go on a mission to find him. 

I sighed, "Yeah."

___________________________________

A/N: So this was a pretty crap chapter, but this is just the begining of a new storyline.

Sorry for being so lazy when writing chapters for this story..but I'll try my best to be more into it. Thank you for being so patient!

VOTES, COMMENTS & possibly FAN!!

Thank you. xoxo