A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (9)

Start from the beginning

"Hey does she have a name?"

"Actually I think she is a he."

"Oh, right how stupid of me." I stroke his face, "I'm sorry I thought you were a girl. So he doesn't?"

"No but maybe we should give him one since he's stuck with us for a while."

"Yeah, lets both think of an idea."

Hmm, well he's chocolate brown and pretty young from what I can tell. I've got one, but I want to hear what Will comes up with first. "So do you have one?"

"Um well, l no I'm not really good at this kind of thing, how about you, did you come up with one?"

"Uh yes, I did but I'm not sure if it’s any good." I hope he doesn't think it’s stupid or silly.

"Let's hear it." He says full of curiosity.

"Well I thought Dustin, because he’s brown and Dustin means brown, so yeah that's my idea." I turn away. I'm sort of embarrassed.

He laughs. "I like it, it suits him," he turns and pets Dustin. "What do you think Dustin?" he whines and his tail twitches.

"I think that's a yes." We both laugh.

A few moments later I decide to get a better look around while Wills going through the bag of supplies that Fran gave him.

This whole world just seems so much more alive if that makes sense, everything is much healthier. The air is fresh, and crisp. I turn to a tree which is enormous.

I wondered over to it, and it has to be as tall as a sky scrapper. It resembles a pine tree but the pine needles are such a dark green they look almost black. I cannot even touch the pine needles, because they were at least ft off the ground.

That's when I feel like I'm being watched. I turn around to find Will staring at me. I frown and stare back, what's wrong with him?

It’s like he's frozen his eyes aren't even blinking. I'm getting somewhat self-conscious under his gaze, maybe he's just tired.

"Hey are you okay?"

He seems to snap back to reality after I called to him, he holds his in his hands and shakes it.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I think we should get going, cover more ground while it’s still light out." He says a little too quickly something is wrong.

"Okay if you’re sure." I say, I'm hesitant, but he does seem okay now.

We both get back on Dustin and set off once again, maybe I'm just reading too much into it, I need to stop worrying so much.