A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (9)

(recap)

"We still have about a day left till we reach the coast if I'm going the right direction so you sleep I'll have time to rest later."

I want to argue but whether it’s from the trot of the horse or from me not feeling so uneasy, I'm slowly lulled into a deep sleep.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Whitney (Pov)

"Whitney, Whitney" someone is whispering and shaking me awake.

"I'm sorry, but I stopped we need to get off so the horse can rest."

"Huh." It's Will, It took me a minute to process what he said, with me being in my between sleep and awake state.

"Oh, yeah of course."

He jumps off, and helps me down as well. I stretch and rub the sleep out of my eyes. For falling asleep on a horse I slept fairly well. As I thought this I look to Will, he didn't seem the least bit tired, but maybe that's from all the excitement that has happened.

"Come on I think I hear a stream up ahead."

"Okay."

He grabs the horse rains, and I'm right behind him. We walk for a few moments, but I still don't hear any running water.

A few more strides and a stream comes into view. We lead the horse to the stream, it's amazing the water is so clear, and unpolluted I couldn't believe it. The sun is hitting the water making it gleam like a crystal clean mirror.

I bet if I leaned in close enough I could see my reflection. But it’s not very wide, though it does seem deep I don't want to take my chances of tumbling in, so I take a few steps back from it. We both stand quietly and watch the horse drink.

"So um, how did you know there was a steam up here?"

"Um, well I heard it" he looks at me, "but you didn't?"

"No I didn't."

"Must be another demon attribute."

"Right"

I almost forgot he's really a demon, and I have demon genes whatever that means. But maybe they got that wrong about me. Will seems to be developing these abilities and I feel exactly the same nothings really different.

"Here, Will hands me a canteen with water.

"Thanks."

I stare at Will petting the horse then I think of something.