The ride to 'The Grill' was surprisingly relaxing. Mom and I just talked about this town, the people in it and the school I was going to attend, Mystic Falls High. As we pulled up in the carpark, I felt chills running down my spine. I shook it off, thinking that this place was just new to me.

Walking in 'The Grill' was sending more chills down my spine that I this point I couldn't just shake it off. There was definitely something weird going on here. My mom took me to her usual table, as she told me she came here a lot. We sat by the left corner where could just about see everyone and still not get noticed. I guess those are the perks of being the town sheriff.

"I know that this place will seem 'odd' at first sweetie, but after a while you'll get used to it." My mom says. She obviously saw my concern for this town. I just smile back letting her relax and look at the menu. I hold the menu up so my mom couldn't see me eyeing this place out. Though there was one person that particularly stood out to me. He was hanging around by the bar. He was wearing slightly dark blue jeans with a ridiculously hot dark brown v-neck shirt. He had dark sandy blonde hair and smokin' ocean blue eyes. He had an intense stare that somehow drew me to him, I had to introduce myself.

I flirtatiously smile and drop the menu on the table, seeing my mom still deciding on what food to eat. "I'm going to get a drink," I say as I stand.

"A drink of coke. No alcohol." she orders. I know she wants to act all motherly but she didn't have to rub it in my face. I was so ready to snap at her, but this was not the right time and place to. So instead I just nodded and left.

I stood a few metres behind him, suddenly unsure of my actions. I need to think of what to say. Should I act cool or interested or maybe I can-

"What can I do for you love?" he calmly questions me without even looking at me. His voice was stern but yet oddly calm to hear. It was deep and, well inviting. His English accent was just a bonus.

But wait a second, how on earth did he know that I was behind him? I was embarrassed, my cheeks were red as I sit on the stool next to him. "I'm sorry, you probably think that I'm a stalker or something," I nervously giggle, trying to make it a joke. My cheeks flushed even brighter red when I didn't hear a laugh out of him, not even a chuckle. He just smiled.

"Judging from your failure attempt to humor me, I take that you must be new here," he says before drinking his shot that he just ordered.

"Is it that obvious?" I turn my stool, now facing the bar.

"Just a hunch," he replies. That accent is literally killing me inside. I just want to kiss him already. "May I know your name?" he asks, finally facing me.

"Caroline."

"What an exquisite name." he smirks at me, again making my cheeks flush red.

"And yours?" I ask politely.

"Klaus, you dick!" A voice from across the room yells. The whole room faces him for a moment but then gets back to their lives.

"Ah Damon, I was expecting you to come around sooner or later," He stands up and walks towards him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" he snaps. He looked like was about to explode. Who does this guy think he is?

"Easy, your making a scene." He says, still completely calm, as opposed to the man standing right in front of him, now fuming with rage.

"Outside," was all I heard him whisper, before he walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning feeling more relaxed and fresh. It was my first day of school and I wanted to make a good impression. At my last school I was captain of the cheerleading team and was vice president of the school.

I got out of bed, took a shower and put on my 'best impression' outfit. I wore my black tights, a pink flattering top, a warm jacket with high heeled boots. I left my hair down and curled it before I headed downstairs. I grabbed my blue spaghetti bag from the kitchen counter and headed to school.

This school was much bigger than my old one. And when I said big, I meant 'huge'. This school had its own swimming pool. I start heading for the office when a problem occurred to me. I had no idea where it was.

I saw 2 girls in the corner talking about something pretty serious. As much as I hated interrupting, I needed some help. I slowly walked up to them and as soon as I was spotted they stopped their very serious conversation and faced me. "I'm sorry for interrupting."

"No, Its okay. Did you need anything?" One of them asks. She was a little taller than the other girl. She had a thin figure, long straight brown hair & had a baby face. The other girl was a bit shorter. She had darker skin, dark brown long hair (not as long as the other girl's) and a short but decent looking figure.

"Uhm, yes. I'm new here and I was wondering if any of you knew where the office was." I say shyly, "I'm Caroline by the way," I smile.

"I'm Elena," she smiles back,

"And my names Bonnie," she also smiles at me, "and we'll show you around if you like," she suggested.

I mainly spent the rest of 1st & 2nd period with Elena & Bonnie. It went by quick because we were talking so much, I swear we've became like close friends. It was lunch time now & Elena, Bonnie & I were at the cafeteria sitting down and eating.

"So, see any guy you like yet?" Elena asks, giggling with Bonnie.

Before I could reply, a guy sits next to Elena. Woah. I'm really starting to like this town. This guy was literally hot. He had sandy blonde hair, an attractive figure and a very mysterious face that makes you want to know more about him.

"Caroline, this is my boyfriend Stefan." she smiles before giving him a peck. I shake Stefan's hand and he does the same.

"You never answered our question Care," Bonnie giggles.

"There is this guy I met last night." I trail off, "His name is Klaus,"

When I said his name, all they're faces turned shocked and scared. "Did I say something?" I nervously laugh. What happened to the conversation we had 3 seconds ago?

"Caroline, listen carefully," Stefan leans forward eyeing me, "Stay away from Klaus."