Million Dollar Man

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be?" Onceler's voice echoes in the office as he writes and plays THE SONG.

NARRATOR: He needs to be working! Dang it! Millennials these days.

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what my mom tells me?" Onceler sings as he plays a few tunes with his guitar.

"Nonononono." He said to himself. "That sounded bogus, and hits too close to home. It needs to sound strong and confident - like a successful entrepreneur!"

He repeats the lyrics.

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what's necessary?"

"That's not right either!" He said - frustrated at himself.

"In order to make good music you need to be a troubled person. Not bad necessarily but not perfect either."

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what's come naturally!" He sings again. "Hey, that doesn't sound bad. Perfecto!"

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just... hmmmm what else should I say that is true but doesn't make me sound like a wimp?"

"How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doing what comes....naturally!".

"Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" He said as he grabs a pen in order to write down the lyrics.

"Time to take a break from this for today." He said as he put down the pen.

He displays his guitar beside his desk. While doing the task, his guitar pit falls into the slightly open cabinet under his desk.

"Oops!" He said. "Got to get my lucky guitar pit and put it somewhere safe."

He opens the cabinet and sees the mama bear that he got from the carnival. He keep looking at it and got him thinking about all the good times you guys had a while back.

And then he begins to think about something else. He is having his big brain time.

"Huh, what if she is trying to tell me something?" He said as he wrinkles his eyebrows in regret. He gets up from his chair. "I should apologize for my bad be-

"Oncie!" Isabella bursts from the door out of the middle of nowhere. She walks behind Onceler's desk as she keeps on rambling about reports, snocks, and other business things. However, Onceler is not listen to her.

Not a bit.

He just keeps looking at the bear, thinking about his mistake. After all, he's concerned about you.

"Hey!" Isabella slaps his head. "Pay attention! This is critical information that you need to hear!"

"What if she has a point?" He whispers to himself.

"Who?" Isabella heard him.

He looks up to his mother.

"Y/N."

"Oh. That." She bluffed.

Isabella stood silently while thinking about what happened last night.

"I mean, she told me about this strange prediction of if I keep denying of what I'm doing, then I'll end up dead or something worse!" He said. "And I'm worried that it could be true."

"I see." She looks at her son. "You are just paranoid."

She crouches down and hugs her son.

"You care about her, and I also care about her too." She said tenderly.

He forms a smile on his face and gets closer to his mom.

"But, I'm concerned about her mental health." She said sympathetically.

"Is that what it is?" He said as he backed away from her in order to look at her.

She stands up and goes to massage his shoulders.

"Yes." She said softly "I think so. She has been acting strangely these few months."

"Is that what it is with her future claims?" He looks up to her with such guidance eyes.

"Yes."

"It's probably stress due to the drastic changes in the last few months." He said with a sorrow look. "I think I should calm down with-"

"No!" Isabella rises up in surprise and stands in front of him.

"Why stop now? You're at the heat of the moment!" She said dramatically. "Why stop now if you haven't reached your full potential."

"Mom, isn't all this enough?" He asked her. "We're in the lap of luxury."

"Um i-"

"I just wonder if dad would be proud of all this." He sinks into the chair with his forehead rested on his hand.

"I'm sure he would be proud, Oncie." She said with a tight smile. "Just think about who you care about."

Onceler sigh at her comment and looks at the bear instead of his mom.Isabella can hear the sirens in her ears. It's time to activate before it's too late.

"You're right." He said. "I should do what's best for her."

"I'm glad you like her too!" He said as he looked at his mom proudly.

"I'll give her the help that she deserves." She replied with a smile.

"Thanks."

"Anything for my successful son."

....to be continued.

Sorry for the chapter being short like....pfff O'Hare.