The Opimitisic Fools

You and Onceler walk beside the river, searching for his bed and for your new home.

NARRATOR: Didn't the bed fell from a really high and dangerous waterfall? It would be impossible for Onceler to find it and carrying it all the way back to his house by himself all in one night. Yet again, he can carry a full-grown tree by himself. Also, he even has enough time to sleep! Movie cartoon logic, I guess.

Along the way no one said a word to each other, so you decided to break the silence.

"I'm sorry for what happened," You say while quickly glancing at Onceler.

"Were you apart of it?" Onceler asks innocently while looking at you with his blue eyes.

"No! Not at all, I'm just saying," You hesitated.

Onceler sighs and brings a small smile to his face.

"It's okay. I'm still here y'know. So, everything is all good. Don't need to feel sorry or worry."

Onceler chuckles and you did too.

"Well..." Onceler said.

"Well?"

"We only know each other's names so let's take this wonderful opportunity to get to know each other."

You smile drops into a terrifying frown.

'Oh no,' You thought. 'How am I supposed to explain him about everything! I can't tell him that I don't belong in this world and that this world is not real. He'll think I'm crazy! Heck, don't get me started of explaining about how I know how things are gonna work out towards the end of the movie. I can't bare the feeling of telling him of how he's gonna end up alone with the company of regret, shame, and guilt for the rest of his life until Ted comes along and rescues him from his terrible fate.'

NARRATOR: Hey, it kinda sounds like Onceler is Rapunzel and Ted is the prince.

"Y/N?" Onceler waves a hand in front of your face.

"Yeah?" You focus on Onceler.

Onceler chuckles, "You went blank a while back. Are you okay?"

"Yeah! Sure! Por supuesto! Absolutely!" You say while laughing nervously.

"How about you start first Onceler."

Onceler looks at you and then looks straight ahead.

"Alright."

"Where to begin?" Onceler takes a big breath and ponders.

"Well, I grew up at a farm in the middle of nowhere. So, I was basically homeschooled along with my two older twin brothers, Chet and Bret. My aunt Grizelda and my uncle Ubb lives in the same farm too since it's a family farm. My family have the farm for generations. Although, we used to be sharecroppers. However, it wasn't a great way to live. Therefore, my mom decided to go independent. We grow our own food and make our own clothes. Sure, we make money on the side by selling our products, but the money was not enough to fulfill our wants, only our needs."

Onceler stop walking and turn his head to look at you. He has a happy expression splat on his face.

"That's where I got the inspiration to be an inventor in order to help my family ever since I was a kid. But no matter what, my inventions always malfunction, explodes, and everything in between!"

"Even both?" You ask curiously.

"Yes!" The Onceler laughs while his hands are waving above his head.

"Unfortunately, my family already have the idea of me not being successful and always a failure. But I never gave up. And when I feel down, I read my favorite book."

"What's your favorite book?" You ask.

"Green Eggs and Ham!" Onceler exclaims like a little kid eating desert after dinner.

'Green Eggs and Ham? How is that even possible? Does this book even exist here?' You ask yourself. You find it amusing and a coincidence that Onceler's favorite book is written by Dr. Seuss.

You begin laughing uncontrollably.

"I know that it is a kid's book, but I really like the book. I relate so much to a character. It's about an inventor whose inventions ends up in a catastrophe no matter what. However, he never loses hope! And then there is the part where a guy keeps pestering him of eating green eggs and ham but that's not important."

NARRATOR: Is he talking about the book or the Netflix adaptation of the book. Either way, I like the show!

You smile at him, and he smile back.

You said, "You know, I wasn't laughing at you because you like a kid's book."

"Then why were you laughing?" He asks.

"I think it's cute that your favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham. I actually have fond memories about the book. Like, I used to eat green eggs and ham in elementary school every March." You said.

"Really?!?" Onceler asks excitedly. "I really want to try green eggs and ham someday."

"I'll make you some." You said gleefully.

"Great! Thank you so so much Y/N," Onceler says while giving you a big hug.

You hug him back.

"Anyways, back to your wonderful speech Onceler.." You say.

"Oh yeah. Right." He lets go of you and continues speaking.

Of course, you know everything about him, but hearing it from him. Hearing his voice, seeing him in person makes everything oh so interesting.

"I always want to change the world with a great invention! Even though my previous inventions have failed, I just have a feeling that this time will be different. I can just feel it!" He pounds his chest with one of his fists.

Onceler walks closer to the river where there is two large rocks beside the river. You follow him until he stops in front of the rocks.

"Even though everyone, including my mom, lost hope in me a long time ago, my strangely strong optimism doesn't stop me of making my dream a reality. No, no, no! I must follow my destiny! Like, I am destined to make a huge impact to the world!"

Onceler's smile turns into a little frown.

"I just wish my family can realize that I am only trying to help them." He slumps on a rock while looking at the streaming river and the enchanting moon.

You feel empathy for him. He is only trying to help his family. If only they could see it.

You sit beside him and look at him with a tender smile.

"I know you'll do great. I can strongly feel it too Onceler," You said. You put your hand on your chest.

Onceler turns his head to look at you. He smiles.

"You're saying it like you are 100% sure what will happen next."

"That is a possibly."

"But what do you have to lose by just believing in your dreams." You said.

"You're right." He replies.

Without thinking, he rests his head on your shoulder for comfort. You startle a little, but you are okay with it. You hear a sound of hesitation in his voice. Before he is about to speak, you wrap an arm on his shoulder and rest your head against his.

"Thank you..." He whispers.

"...(Y/N)."

TO BE CONTINUED...