23 🌙 A little something

Start from the beginning

"Shut the fuck up Luna!" Zander yelled back, seeing red and his tone filled with utter disgust. "Whore." He muttered and that's when Jules punched Zander in the nose, making him grab it in pain.

"Leave her a-a-lone!" Jules said sternly, still holding on to Zander's shirt.

"As if you can make me!" Zander seethed and that's when Jules hit him again, making him instantly regret his threats.

"Watch me! Stay the fuck away from her! You've h-h-hurt her enough." I just stood there watching them fight, astound that I didn't feel a thing when Zander got hurt.

"What the fuck is going on!" A raspy and tired voice pulled me away from the fight towards an obviously tired Ezra coming out of his room. I looked at him distraught and when he saw what was happening, he shot wide awake, instantly running over to the fighting mess.

"Jules dude, what are you doing!" He yelled in panic while pulling him off Zander who instantly scrambled to his feet. "What the fuck!"

"He hit her! He f-f-fucking hit her!" Jules shrugged Ezra off and both of them looked at me and the dread in my eyes. Jules didn't hesitate, not a single second, to walk over to me, my gaze only having eyes for him and the way he looked so worried and concerned.

"That whore slept with him!" Zander growled, attempting to come back after me or Jules, maybe both.

"No I didn't!! Let me remind you that I caught you having sex with ANOTHER GIRL!" I yelled at him, not flinching one bit as I felt strong with Jules now by my side, his warm hand comforting the small of my back.

"Dude!" Ezra yanked Zander back, when he saw the damage done to my cheek, and he clearly knew enough. "Have some respect. Don't call her that when you hooked up with somebody else and cheated on your girlfriend." Ezra was fuming, trying to hold Zander back.

"Ex-girlfriend!" I threw in, needing to clear that for once and for all.

"Oh fuck you. All of you!" Zander scoffed at all of us, but especially at me, and the fact he wasn't backing down was creeping me out. He cheated on me, and now he's making me out to be the bad guy, girl! What the fuck.

Jules's hand traveled from the small of my back to my side, pulling me close. "Don't l-l-listen to him." He whispered into the side of my head, his voice so soft and comforting, his body trying to shield me from Zander's hurtful words.

"Can we go outside." I whispered, looking up into his caring gaze, the butterflies it caused making me forget about the surrounding tumult, and when he nodded with a smile I felt like it didn't matter anymore. It didn't matter that Zander was still ranting to Ezra, calling me names, it didn't matter that it was more than over, it didn't matter that he hurt me, as long as I got to enjoy this, being around Jules, none of that mattered.

Jules softly grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the situation, our backs facing the one who had no right calling me names. "You're going to regret this on the ice." Zander yelled loudly at Jules when neither of us glanced back.

I heard Jules scoff next to me before he turned on his heel. "Try me!" He confidently raised his voice and when he said and turned back around, pulling me even faster towards the stairs. "Are y-y-you okay." He whispered once we were outside and the cold morning air hit us in the face, his hand still divinely wrapped around mine.

"Yeah." A soft whisper left me and hung in the tight air between us. I stood one step above him going down the steps at the front porch when his other hand cupped my cheek.

"R-r-really?" His whisper was just as soft and sweet as mine, his gaze holding me captive as always. His thumb was making me cheek sting less, his touch easing whatever pain I felt.