Chapter 8

We ran through the woods until we saw the shore that we came from in the beginning. My plan was to go back up the rabbit hole that we came through. "Come we have to make it back to the rabbit hole." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After what felt like an eternity swimming, we made it to the original hallway. We walked passed the millions (what seemed like) doors and the one that leads to the Queen of Hearts' garden. Then we see a huge hole straight above our head. It was pitch black, all of the cupboards were gone. Just empty darkness.
"Okay go. Now!" I yelled at Piper.
"Drogo will find out soon enough. Now you go first."
"How?" She asked.
"Jump I guess.Everything's screwed up."
"Okay."

Piper jumped. When she did, it was like going through the hole in the beginning she fell through the hole, just upside down. She disappeared into thin air and all I could hear was her screaming. I walked up to the hole and looked into the black abyss. Do I really want to do this? What about Drogo? I thought. I remembered his green eyes and brown hair. I remembered a little part of when we slept tonight. Him cuddling me till I fell asleep.

Forget it. I'm leaving and seeing my mom again. I was in midair when a hand firmly grasped my ankle.
"I never thought you would leave me Mabel."
It was Drogo. I knew his voice from anywhere. He dragged me from the hole.
"My sister! I need to get to her. What will happen to her? What if she never made it home?"
"That would be a good way to get rid of her."
"Why would you say that."
"She's a nightmare."
"Why? Why would you say that my king." I hesitated for a minute, "My husband."
"I'm bringing you back to the castle. Its not safe for you in you're world."
"Why?" I asked. He let something slide because he looked surprised.
"You ask a lot of questions."
And he didn't say another word until we got to the castle.

"Please come to bed my dear. I know you had to get you're sister out I completely under-"
"No you don't." I said pacing in front of our bed.
"You don't understand what it feels like to loose someone you love and care about."
"What about a few minutes ago? I woke up to use the bathroom and you were gone. The guards came in and told me you left, so I got the hounds and searched for you. Now come." Drogo said patting the bed beside him. I walked over to the bed and let him put his arms around me. I felt safe in them. Like I should be there forever. I rested my head in the crook of his neck while he rubbed my back.

"Your sister will be fine, trust me."
"Why didn't you let me go."
"I couldn't see life without you."
"That's so sappy."
I could feel him laugh against my cheek.
"I do love you." I said.
"Oh do you?" He asked.
"Yes I do."
He kissed me gently then harder and harder.
"You need rest, go to sleep." He commanded me.
"Certainly my king. If you go to sleep also."
"Certainly my queen."

I faded into a gentle sleep. Piper will be fine she always finds ways to get back home. I'm with the eternal love of my life. Inevitably trapped in this castle with my soulmate. The guy who kidnapped me, and yet we are falling into an abyss of love. Why must I fall in love with a stranger, a guy I barely know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was at the dining table eating breakfast. It was an exquisite meal.
"I think we should take a walk through the castle." I said, " I want to meet all the people in the castle."
"What ever you want my love." Drogo said.

We walked outside to see the people working on parts of the castle and cleaning animal's pins and everything.

The day flew by before I could blink. It was dinner time. We sat down for an amazing meal.
"Your drink my king." One of the servants said giving Drogo his drink.
"Thank you, you may take the day off tomorrow by the way." He bowed his head and walked away. Drogo took a sip of his drink. Something was wrong though, his eyes started turning red and bled a deep red. He was holding his throat. I immediately ran toward him and put his head in my lap. I stroked his cheek. There was nothing I could do. He had been poisoned. Tears welled up in my eyes, my vision started to blur.
"The moon of my life." was the last thing he said as he handed me a crescent moon shaped locket that was in his pocket.