Chapter 10

I felt cold, something was prickling my arm and something was tickling my nose. I'm afraid to open my eyes, but I do. When I opened my eyes I couldn't believe what I saw, a white room with a clock, a heart monitor and a bed that I was laying in. There was also an IV that was hooked into my arm and a tube in my nose.

"I'm here sweetie, Pipers' here to." It was my mom. I got out? That means I've been in a comma.
"Mom." my mouth went dry, "my neck hurts." I say in a whispered tone. She squeezed my hand, her tear dropped onto my hand.
"I know, Piper saw you bleeding in the neck, she screamed and I went in and- an- and" she started to cry.
"I hate when you die in books, it shows me all the things that happen to you and I can't help you." She cried. I went to lift my head but excruciating pain welled put in my neck. I whimpered and rested my head down back on the pillow. I forgot that my wounds in storybook land show up in the real world.

"They stitched it up." Piper said. My mouth felt dry.
"I need to get up."
"Ok."
They grabbed me by the arms to help me. I couldn't turn my neck at all. I walked into the bathroom to look into the mirror.My reflection showed a fragile girl with a sunken face, bruises and a stitched up neck from ear to ear. The guards? Why would they do that to me? I felt something cold under my paper gown, it was hard to, I lifted my hand and grabbed the object. Tears welled up in my eyes. I can't do this. I thought. It was the beautiful locket that Drogo gave me. I took a closer look at the locket other than the crescent shape, it was painted blue with clouds. I opened it up. As I opened it, it started to play a beautiful lullaby and it had an old looking picture of me and him on our wedding day in black and white. On the other side there was a note in it. It was nicely folded so it could fit in the locket and it was a blue color.

"Honey come back into the bed, the doctor has to put a neck brace on so you don't pull out your stitches on accident." Mom said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After they put the brace on, they let me go home. This was the most uncomfortable thing in the world. I literally hate it, when I had to get into the car, I couldn't bend my head so I could avoid hitting my head on the roof of the car. I ended up doing that, hitting my head, now I sit in the passenger seat holding my head and whining about my neck brace. When we got home, mom said I had to lay down and get some rest, for I had a really bad day.

After an hour of trying to go to sleep, I pulled the locket out of my pocket. I had to keep it there because it would be stuck under the brace if I left it on my neck. I opened the locket and pulled out the note. It said....
My dearest moon. As the sun dies to let you live during the night, beautiful rays of light shine down upon me and I know that you are safe and with me. Like a rose in a blanket of snow, you're as gentle as its petals, but as frost tries to overcome it, you form a new beauty. Even as it dies, it dies beautifully. Forget me not, as our souls obtain an inevitable love, we leave the world in peace.

I know that I die. And how. But I wanted you to remember me some how. This locket will show you the way through darkness like a candle.

I love you, even when my soul is trapped in oblivion. Moon of my life. Be strong, don't give up hope, for hope has feathers and it beats like soft bird wings in your heart.

I read the note over and over until I couldn't take it anymore. Mom came in that moment.
"Honey, what do you got there?" She says.
"He's dead."
"What?"
"He's dead. My husbands dead."
"Oh, Piper told me about Drogo. He died?" She walked over to my bed and sat down.
"What's that?"
"It's a locket that he gave me before it happened."

She took it out of my hand to inspect it.
"It's really beautiful." She opened it up and covered her mouth.
"Is this him." I nodded. "Well he's really handsome, and look at you! You look gorgeous. I wish was there. Come on, lets go out to eat."
I was so over whelmed by her comments, she was like a teenager rabbling on about a crush.
"Yeah, let's go eat. I need to get my head straight." I said. She started to pat my back.
"It will be alright."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN AWHILE. WE HAD NO WIFI FOR A LONG TIME, I ABOUT DIED, BUT ALL IS WELL NOW. THANK YOU FOR READING.

-----{@