Chapter 11

After the agonizingly painful lunch. With the stitches in, it felt like my throat was on fire, even worse actually. We went to the mall since I've had the most horrible day ever, wait, the worst month or months of my life. That's better. As we sat in the car I've noticed a change in the weather also, it's not as hot anymore.
"Hey mom, what month is it?" I ask her.
"It's August. So yeah, you've been out of it for a month. Last month was your dad's birthday, you missed it." she said reassuringly.

No, I missed my dads birthday? Each year my sister and I bake a cake and my mom plans a party for him, we go to his grave and always give him a present. With all the presents piled on his grave, we decided to take the last one away, of course some of the nicer ones. How could I have missed that? My dad would not be proud, but at the same time he did know about my ability.

My mom's brown hair shown red in the sunlight and her brown eyes were as beautiful as ever. I didn't notice that we were already at the mall. Piper hopped out of the car and elegantly twirled in her pink heels that she convinced mom to buy. They weren't like stilettos, they had about a two-inch heel with straps that go across the feet. As I got out of the car I see my best friend May. May and me go way back, we've been friends ever since kindergarten. She has long wavy blond hair, tan skin, and blue-green eyes. People love her, if she fell people would run to help her. If I fell people would walk away and laugh. Kids in our school ask why she hangs out with me, but she ignores them to be with me, she's a good friend. I seen her running toward me. She was wearing a purple tank with a cover-up and short shorts with her favorite black flats.

"Mabel! I tried calling the hospital, I've been there almost the whole time waiting for you to wake up!" She gave me a big bear huge. May is the only one who knows about my powers except my family.
"Oh hi May. Nice to see you and how much you care about Mabel." Mom said.
"Well of course!" She said back.
"Are you going in with us May?" I asked.
"Yeah sure! Anything for you Mabel."

May and I were in Aeropostale and mom and Piper were at Clair's. I never liked Aeropostale, I'm more of a hot topic kind of person.

"So? How does it look?" May asked.
"You should get half off since it's half a shirt." I said reassuringly looking at the flowing, lacy white, belly shirt.
"Fine if you want to go to hot topic then lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a Marvel shirt, Harry Potter shirt and a Doctor Who shirt. May and I were in my room laying on my bed playing truth or dare while mom and Piper were in the living room watching a movie. Her mom agreed to let May spend the week at my house since she hadn't seen me. The week after that was the first day of school. Great.

"Truth or Dare?" she asked me.
"Truth." I said.
"Did you kiss anyone in that period of time when you were in storybook land a month ago?"
"Oh you mean in Alice and Wonderland?"
"Yep."
"Well I actually got married." I said very shyly.
"No! Tell me very thing."
I told her everything. From the Queen of Hearts to the dagger.
****
I took the neck brace off. The doctor called and said it was okay to take the brace off. The wound has healed remarkably fast, but my stitches are still in.
"Why don't you try looking for him?" May asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well you said he can travel through books and watch you in your room.
Maybe-"
"He's dead. How can he travel through?" I asked cutting her off.
"If you would let me finish then I would have a reason to be speaking!"
"Sorry."
"Anyways, maybe he's like you and can survive after being killed." She said.
"You have an interesting theory. So you think he can travel in books and not die like me?" she nodded, "What if he doesn't just live in books, what if he lives in our world."
At that moment, I had high hopes that my husband was still alive.